Menu
RichardBB
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into Sky Movies

I am unable to log into the Sky Movies app on my Galaxy Tab S 10.1. Having entered my vm credentials at the sign on stage, nothing at all happens.

I see from these forums that this a not-uncommon problem, with several suggested solutions. Accordingly I have tried (in various combinations!):

1. Delete cache, delete data.

2. Uninstall/reinstall (both with & without reboot).

3. Ensure email address correct & not capitalised.

None of these actions have been successful & I'm now at a loss - can you advise please?

I'm currently on android 5.0.2, fully updated.

Curiously, the app works perfectly on my phone (Galaxy A5) - but of course I don't really want it on there!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into Sky Movies

Hi RichardBB, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to log in to Sky Movies via your tablet. 

As you have tried all the usual suggestions, the next step would be to double check you are using the primary details. Whilst secondary accounts work with TV Anywhere, they don't with the Sky apps. Log in to My VM and see if you can view the bills. If yes then you are using the correct details.

If using the correct account, try changing the password. Resetting this may well help the Sky apps to recognise the log in details. Don't forget to select Virgin Media before entering in the log in details too. 

Let me know how you get on with things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RichardBB
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Kath. Unfortunately I have to report that it doesn't make any difference.

To be clear, I am definitely using primary details, and changing the password has no effect. (To be honest I had my doubts as it works fine on my phone, but I do recognise that all possibilities should be explored!)

Oh, and I am trying to log in via the VM link :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardBB, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Most of the forum reports are for the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 not the S 10.1 so those threads would be irrelevant here. 

Have you been able to use TV Anywhere successfully first? Download the TV Anywhere app and attempt to stream Channel 4 for me. 

Let me know if this works or if you have issues. Depending on that outcome, we can then look at which way we need to go here.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RichardBB
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, 

VM TVanywhere works absolutely fine on both my phone & tablet - no issue at all with this in the several years I've been using it on various devices.

(& I've just tried the movies app once more on the tablet with no success!)

Incidentally, although maybe no longer relevant, I never got the movies app to work on my old phone, a Samsung s4 mini. Same issue.

Tx

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardBB, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me on this. 

I'm really sorry that this is still not working for you. 

We are going to need to replicate this at our end before we can go any further. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for us to do this. We can then look further into this and hopefully resolve things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RichardBB
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I was just about to pick the phone up when I thought I'd give the app another go. Happy to report that it is now working & I believe I know the cause of the problem!

My primary email address is auto-completed as I enter it. However, the Samsung keyboard app very kindly places a space at the end - completely invisible of course. It was only when I clicked on this field & moved the cursor to the end that I realised what was there - I  therefore removed the space before signing in & all worked fine.

Whilst that would appear to me to resolve the issue, could I suggest a slightly more robust bit of sign on code in the app such that it tells the end user that an invalid entry has been made, rather than just hanging?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardBB, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad things are resolved for you now. Usually when there is a mistake with the Username and/or password an error of such is shown so not sure why things hung with you instead.

Any how, glad all is OK and you are able to log in and use the app. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos