Menu
craigus69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into Sky Movies or Sky Sports on Android

Hi guys

I'm unable to log in to watch Sky Movies or Sky Sports on Android. When I enter my login & password on the Virgin Media login screen, nothing actually happens. The screen just seems to freeze and no error messages appear.

I'm using a Samsung S6 edge, running Android 5.1.1. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to log into Sky Movies or Sky Sports on Android

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

Looks like Terri hadn't quite woken up when she posted back to you. The Sky apps do work via 3G/4G however TV Anywhere does not work when trying to stream. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still not able to log in to the apps. The first thing I would do is make sure your OS on your Android is completely up to date. If not, update it first. 

Delete the Sky Movies & Sky Sports apps from your device and then turn the device off and back on and again. This will allow us to start completely from scratch. 

Re-download one of the apps and log in using the same details you would to log in to My Virgin Media to view your bills. Make sure you are typing in the details and not using any Autofill information. Be mindful that some devices automatically capitalise the first letter to the username and/or password. 

Has this logged you in? If so then proceed to download the 2nd app and do the same. 

If not, post back here and we'll look at other possible solutions Smiley Happy

Either way pop a post here and let us know how things went. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigus69,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are having problems getting the Sky Sports and Sky Movies apps working via TV Anywhere.

I've been testing this, as I have a Samsung S6 Edge on Android 5.1.1 as well, and I have been able to log straight in to both Sky Sports and Sky Movies apps and watch programmes.

Please let me know if you are you still having this problem. Also, please verify that you are connecting to these apps via a WiFi connection, as these will not work via 3G or 4G.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi craigus69,

I'm just checking back with you as I haven't had a response from you yet about the TV Anywhere Sky apps usage on your Samsung Edge.

If you have any queries about TV Anywhere, a good place to check out is our Help Pages: TV Anywhere Help

Please let me know if I can help further.

Cheers.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

craigus69
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Sorry for the delay, I've only just seen your replies.  I've tried again, but still do not progress through the login screen - just freezing up. Did this while connected to wifi via VM.

Also, I'm sure I used to be able to connect through 4G.

Thanks for your replies on this.

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

Looks like Terri hadn't quite woken up when she posted back to you. The Sky apps do work via 3G/4G however TV Anywhere does not work when trying to stream. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still not able to log in to the apps. The first thing I would do is make sure your OS on your Android is completely up to date. If not, update it first. 

Delete the Sky Movies & Sky Sports apps from your device and then turn the device off and back on and again. This will allow us to start completely from scratch. 

Re-download one of the apps and log in using the same details you would to log in to My Virgin Media to view your bills. Make sure you are typing in the details and not using any Autofill information. Be mindful that some devices automatically capitalise the first letter to the username and/or password. 

Has this logged you in? If so then proceed to download the 2nd app and do the same. 

If not, post back here and we'll look at other possible solutions Smiley Happy

Either way pop a post here and let us know how things went. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

craigus69
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks a million - followed your advice & it's now working fine. Really appreciate yours & Terri's help.

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, 

Thanks so much for coming back to us and letting us know how things went. 

I'm glad to hear things are working and if you have any further issues then please let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos