Menu
rob2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get sky sports live tv on my mac

I have registered my mac as to receive tv anywhere but keep getting a message to download the 'New Desktop Player' which I have done. Unfortunately, I then either receive an error message '200' or the channel loads but in sound only but no picture.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get sky sports live tv on my mac

Hi rob2017, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although we're really sorry to hear you're having an issue using the new player. 

Make sure you are using one of the supported browsers here: 

Mozilla Firefox 48.0 and above

Apple Safari 9.0 and above

Google Chrome 53.0 and above

Double check to ensure the browser is fully up to date before trying to view anything. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rob2017
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Thank you for your advice. I have tried all three browsers you suggest {all up to date} but I still get the message "You need the New Desktop Player to watch video content". I downloaded this when I first had the problem.

I was able to view TV anywhere last year and I wonder if the problem is connected to the mac OS Sierra update which I downloaded in Nov/Dec last year.

Any other suggestions? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rob2017,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. Smiley Happy 

Can you double check if you have a dual graphics card. If so you'll need to turn off ‘Dynamic Switching’ found in > System Preferences > Energy Saver.

If you are still having an issue then you can revert to the Silverlight player. Follow the below steps to do this:

1.         Open up Finder

2.         Type Sky Go into the search field in the top left and make sure ‘This Mac’ is selected

3.         Find the ‘Sky Go Player’ in the search results and drag it to the trash. Or right click and ‘Move to Trash’.

4.         If the ‘Macintosh HD’ is showing on the desktop then skip to step 7

5.         Click on Finder at the top of the Mac and select ‘Preferences’

6.         Select the ‘General Tab’ and make sure ‘Hard Disk’ is selected to be shown on the desktop

7.         Open ‘Macintosh HD’ and go through the following: Users > User Profile/Name > Library

8.         Find the folder titled ‘Cisco’ and move it to the trash.

9.         Empty the trash, or at least empty it of Cisco folder and the Sky Go Player

10.      Open up your web browser and go to “microsoft.com/getsilverlight” and click ‘Install’. Open up the installation file (shows as dmg or compressed file) and follow the install wizard.

11.      Clear the browser cookies stored (If Safari is open then select ‘Safari’ at the top of the Mac > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All > Remove Now)

12.      Navigate to “go.sky.com”. Sign in and then try and play some content.

13.      You may need to remove the already registered Mac from your device list. Found in ‘Manage Devices’ under ‘Settings’ when signed in on go.sky.com.

14.      You should now be able to play content successfully.

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos