Menu
Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Unable to exit TV Anywhere App Android 5.0.2

When exiting the TV Anywhere app on Android 5.0.2 it closes then returns to home screen and then the app opens again. the only way to close the app is to use the active apps list and delete from list.

Is this a known issue?

Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wifi

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to exit TV Anywhere App Android 5.0.2

Hi Silverstar, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having closing the app. 

This isn't something that usually happens and isn't something i've personally heard of before.

Does this happen with any other apps you have on the device as well or only TV Anywhere?

It may be worth deleting and then reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve things. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have this same problem as well. When I exit the app it immediately opens up again. It is as if 'Exit' actually means 'Restart'. Only way I can actually close the app is to do it manually from open apps list.

I have deleted data, completely removed the app and then reinstalled but this made no difference. I have it on an original Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, both running Android 5.1.1. No other app does this.

0 Kudos
Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your reply.

I have no other apps that respond in this way when exiting. Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, exit issue still exists.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It's definitely something strange going on. I've not been able to replicate it from my end. 

I've asked the team about this and they are also uncertain on what's going on. 

Are you able to upgrade the Android software from 5.0.2?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

No, 5.0.2 is he latest OS for my tablet. Updated my tablet to this a few days ago. App was ok on previous OS 4.4.2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silverstar

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that your still having issue with the TV Anywhere app re-opening after closing.

I currently have an Andriod phone and tablet and wanted to check this issue myself. When I open the app its all fine it shows the TV listings and options as normal. If I press the back button (round arrow) it gives me a pop up message stating Leaving the App, Do you want to leave the app? With Exit or Cancel. Do you get this message or does it close down after you press the back button?

Also if you go into the Application Manager, then TV Anywhere is there anything set under Launch By Default?

Check this for me and let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

Hi Silverstar

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that your still having issue with the TV Anywhere app re-opening after closing.

I currently have an Andriod phone and tablet and wanted to check this issue myself. When I open the app its all fine it shows the TV listings and options as normal. If I press the back button (round arrow) it gives me a pop up message stating Leaving the App, Do you want to leave the app? With Exit or Cancel. Do you get this message or does it close down after you press the back button?

Also if you go into the Application Manager, then TV Anywhere is there anything set under Launch By Default?

Check this for me and let me know how it goes

Sam

As I'm having same issue I thought I would reply. I do get message and choose 'Exit'. Launch By Default has 'No defaults Set'.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi dpjohnston

Thanks for replying and checking that for me.

I'm not sure if the menu options I have on my Android will be the same as on your Nexus as mine is a Samsung. However we will give it a go.

Before you start the TV Anywhere app, go into Application Manager and on the running tab check to see if it is showing as running. If its not try to open the app again and see if it restarts itself after you exit it.

Also when the app restarts itself and you go into that tab I mention does it show that the TV Anywhere is restarting?

Have a look at this for me please and let me know

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

Hi dpjohnston

Thanks for replying and checking that for me.

I'm not sure if the menu options I have on my Android will be the same as on your Nexus as mine is a Samsung. However we will give it a go.

Before you start the TV Anywhere app, go into Application Manager and on the running tab check to see if it is showing as running. If its not try to open the app again and see if it restarts itself after you exit it.

Also when the app restarts itself and you go into that tab I mention does it show that the TV Anywhere is restarting?

Have a look at this for me please and let me know

Thanks

Sam

I've tried but unfortunately I think my menus are different. It doesn't show up as 'running' at all. I can only get it to show as 'cached background process' when it is open and it then disappears  from there when I completely close it manually.

0 Kudos