Menu
nigelrjf
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Device Registration

I have a device slot available. When I try to register my Nexus 10 Tablet (Android 5.1.1) I get:

Technical error: We are unable to access "Device Registration" at the moment, please try again later

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Help appreciated.

Rgds - Nigel

0 Kudos
Byrne
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Device Registration

Have same problem on my oneplus 3T uninstalled numerous times. Doesn't even give me the option to put in signing details, just automatically tries to sign in and then tells me it's unable to access the devise. Be grateful if Virgin would answer this question
0 Kudos
nigelrjf
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Could I have a response please. I have now done a full system restore on the Nexus 10 and reinstalled the app yet again. There is no improvement: I can sign in OK, but still get the same "Technical error" message when attempting to register the device.

Nigel

0 Kudos
malandrab
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with a Motorola Moto G Play running Android 6.0.1. Have just spent over an hour talking to three different contacts without success. What on earth is going on!?.
0 Kudos
malandrab
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It seems that 6.0.1 is the problem or should I say Virgin's inability to modify their app to take account of the latest OS. That's not to say that 6.0.1 hasn't been around for a while now!!! What are they hanging about at?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The latest version of TV Anywhere app works fine on my Moto 4G play running that version of android so there must be something else causing your problems.
malandrab
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham; good to hear you have no problems with TV Anywhere on your Moto.  My problem is that I am unable to even register my mobile and merely receive a "technical error ....................." response and requesting me to "try later"  As previously mentioned, I spent over an hour talking to three different people at Virgin earlier today and I am still no further forward.  Having checked elsewhere it would appear that Virgin are aware of the problem, with their app and 6.0.1, have been working on an upgrade for some little time and I am not the only one affected.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you are picking up old posts in your searches. There was an issue with the app and android 6.0.1 but that was fixed a few months ago with an update.

Have you tried going back to scratch and deleting the app, clearing all data, restarting the device and re installing the app?
nigelrjf
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

In my case, I have not only done all that you suggest, I've even done a complete Android restore! I still get the technical errro message.

In my case, the OS is 5.1.1 not 6 on a Nexus 10.

Regards

Nigel

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

nigelrjf wrote:

Hi Graham

In my case, I have not only done all that you suggest, I've even done a complete Android restore! I still get the technical errro message.

In my case, the OS is 5.1.1 not 6 on a Nexus 10.

Regards

Nigel

A Forum team member will pick this up in a few days time and may be able to advise on what is causing your issue.