Menu
Davie0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable To Register Sky Sports App?

Hi,

I have 2 devices registered with TV Anywhere, my laptop, and my Nexus 7 tablet. Both work fine, but when I try to use the Sky Sports app and sign in with my Virgin details on the Nexus, it says my device is not registered.

As I understand, the 2 accounts are not synched, so last month I re-registered my Nexus and tried the Sky Sports app again, but it still wouldn't register..

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable To Register Sky Sports App?

Hi DavieO, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Currently checking the account, there is already a PC and an Android phone device registered for use with Sky Sports. In order to add the Nexus, you will need to log in and remove one of the devices. 

It looks as though you've only been making the change to the TV Anywhere platform as I can see the Nexus is registered for this already.

Go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. This is where you can make changes to the Sky Platform. Make sure you are not going to My Profile > Device Settings as the changes made here will only affect the TV Anywhere platform. 

Once you've removed a device from  anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports, Attempt to stream on the Nexus from within the Sky Sports app and this will then register. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davie0, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with streaming from Sky Sports on your device.

We can get this resolved for you however I've been unable to locate your account to be able to help with this. 

I have sent you a private message asking for some information. Once I have your reply, I can help then Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Davie0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, thanks for your reply!

I've sent a message back to your private message, cheers! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DavieO, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Currently checking the account, there is already a PC and an Android phone device registered for use with Sky Sports. In order to add the Nexus, you will need to log in and remove one of the devices. 

It looks as though you've only been making the change to the TV Anywhere platform as I can see the Nexus is registered for this already.

Go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. This is where you can make changes to the Sky Platform. Make sure you are not going to My Profile > Device Settings as the changes made here will only affect the TV Anywhere platform. 

Once you've removed a device from  anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports, Attempt to stream on the Nexus from within the Sky Sports app and this will then register. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Davie0
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I tried this today and it worked! Thanks very much for your help! Smiley Happy

P.S. It may be worth mentioning, that this problem cannot be fixed on a device or browser that does not support flash, as when you go to My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports, the devices are not visible to make any changes.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavieO, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting us know things are working for you now.    

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know here Smiley Happy  

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.  

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos