Menu
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Two Sky Devices registered - which is my current phone?

Hi there

I have two devices registered for Sky: one is given as "Android phone" and the other is "15319478-Mobile". I changed my phone recently but the old one and the new one are both Androids (Galaxy s4 upgraded to s6).

I want to delete the old phone and register a tablet. How do I work out which is my current phone so I can delete the old one, please?

All help very gratefully received!

Many thanks

Peter
0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two Sky Devices registered - which is my current phone?

UPDATE: I deleted the "Android phone" on the Sky Devices page thinking that if my current phone stopped playing Sky Sports, I could reinstate it as my one change for the month. Not only will it not let me re-register my phone, it won't register the tablet either - says I've used my one change when I haven't!

So now I have no means at all to watch Sky Sports on the go, instead of two.

This is really appalling.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

When your devices are registered with Sky, they are registered automatically as soon as you attempt to stream. They take their name from the name you call your device when you first set it up. Going forward you can check this by going in to the settings of your Device to see what it's called. Smiley Happy

I have added a device change for you to re-register a device today. You can do this by attempting to stream. You can then add the 2nd device when your changes refresh the 1st October. 

Keep us posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be working. Thanks Kath. That said, there's no excuse for a 2-week delay when we're paying for a premium service. Please have a word with your overlords and strongly suggest they employ more support staff in the forum (*not* a call centre where you get someone who says they understand and can solve the issue but can't).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi peterking80, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know things are working for you now. 

Whilst Virgin Media have a high presence here, this is a Community Forum. It was set up to allow customers / users to help each other with things we're unable to support with. We have created the forum to answer anything that perhaps the Community are unable too although there is still a wait time. 

As per the terms and conditions of the forums, your main method of contact will always be the helplines on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos