Menu
Frykin
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere

Hi,   I bought my Samsung galaxy S6 from yourselves and it came with Virgin TV Anywhere pre installed.

I was wondering how I delete it from my phone? as it will only let me disable it.

Having no virgin TV I will never use this app and Id like it off my phone.

Regards Mark Hugill

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere

Hi Frykin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face on board with us Smiley Happy 

From my understanding with Android, if the apps are on there from default then disabling will be your only option. There may be an option to delete disabled apps. 

When going into the main Apps menu, is there 3 vertical dots at the top right hand corner of your screen. If you click on there it will give the option ' Uninstall Disabled Apps'

I've taken those steps from an S5 though as we don't have an S6 here to test. On an S7 I haven't been able to find a way yet. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Frykin
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. No there's no 3 dots just a more menu that just lets you rearrange the app in certain orders.

I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just Root it and remove the Facebook tracking files as well.

Thanks again for the reply

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a bit cheeky for VM to clutter your device with uninstallable apps, but I guess nothing this company does should surprise me any more.

A word of warning - rooting the device will mean you won't be able to use the majority of legitimate video streaming services on it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frykin,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems removing the TV Anywhere app on your Samsung Galaxy S6. 

I use a Virgin Mobile S6 Edge and can see that there is no Uninstall button within the app or when accessing it via the Application Manager as well (only a Force Stop, Uninstall Updates, and Disable option), but found two ways around this:

• I can uninstall the TV Anywhere app by going into the main Apps screen to the TV Anywhere icon and holding in this icon for a few seconds then dragging it to the Uninstall bin icon at the top of the screen.
  • Another way that works is going into the Play Store, search for TV Anywhere and it will show that it's already installed and give you options to Open or Uninstall--you should be able to press uninstall and this should remove the app from your phone.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Frykin
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Going to the app store just let's me re-enable the app then either update or open. No uninstall option is available. As for holding the app to uninstall that just seems to remove it from the screen desktop not remove it from my phone. Thanks for the reply
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you as I've been in touch with our Mobile department to get more information on this for you.

Kath is correct--the preloaded app will not be able to be removed, only disabled on the S6. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos