Menu
Wreesy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere

Virgin says tv anywhere will not work with iOS 9.2 - this after telling me to upgrade my software and virgin package to get it! The point of me new package and seemingly already obsolete app are?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere

Where Virgin Media say that TV Anywhere doesn't work with iOS 9.2?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Wreesy
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Telephone conversations with Virgin this am suggests that I take my phone and iPad back to Apple to downgrade my software to a more user friendly grade!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There should be no reason why the app doesn't work with 9.2, and I'm not aware of any information given to agents to tell them that.

What issues are you having with the TV Anywhere app?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Wreesy
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Devices can't find a TiVo box. Deleted app as told re installed and was then told it was a fault with the upgrade on the devices and there was nothing Virgin could do but to suggest I take devices back to Apple to downgrade my upgrade!!

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere works fine on iOS 9.2 (I'm using it myself with an iPhone and an iPad with 9.2)

What are you trying to do when you get the message? It sounds like you're trying to use one of the features that require your TiVo to be connected to your home network.

Are you able to view the TV Guide and manage recordings in the app? 

0 Kudos
Wreesy
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can get to tv guide. Asks me to connect then tells me it can't find the TiVo box on both registered devices. Have spoken to Virgin to help with new install they put me through to their faults/ engineers dept who asked me to delete the apps on both devices and reinstall - which I did. They then informed me my devices were incompatible with the app as it has problems with iOS 9.2 and there was nothing Virgin could do other than to suggest I take both devices back to Apple to take my upgrade back!
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep, sounds like you're trying to use a feature that requires your TiVo to be connected to your Superhub with an Ethernet cable.

Without this connection you can manage recordings and stream the channels that are available for streaming, which are indicated by a small "wi-fi" icon in the TV guide (for instance Channel 4). If you try and watch a channel that isn't available for streaming you will get the message about the TiVo not being found, as the app is trying to start the channel playing on your TiVo box.

If you make the connection you can also use the app as a remote and start recorded programs playing back on the TiVo.

Wreesy
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nobody said it has to be physically connected to the hub and at no time was I asked if it was. The whole idea of it being wifi. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wressy, 

Thanks for posting and apologies for the conflicting information you have been having. 

TV Anywhere DOES work and is supported for use on iOS 9.2. I'm not really sure why the support team would suggest otherwise but I will get feedback passed through to them regarding this. 

A physical connection only needs to be made if you wish to use your device as a remote control feature. If streaming is all you want to do then this connection doesn't need to be made. 

Try streaming channel 4. What happens when you attempt to stream this?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos