Menu
dazred01
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere

Brand new Asus ZenPad 10, only tv anywhere & sky sports app installed  - tv anywhere gives 'unauthorised' message.

Have now installed an app to see if tablet is 'rooted' which it isn't & super user is not installed.

Can anyone help please

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv anywhere

As you can see, the VM web team pick & choose who they can be bothered to reply to.  

The TVA app will only work if you have a TiVo - do you have one?

At what point do you get the "unauthorised" message? Can you log in? Does the Sky app work?  Can you watch TVA in your web browser on a desktop/laptop? What version of Android is the tablet running?

0 Kudos

All Replies
dazred01
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Is anyone able to help with this one?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As you can see, the VM web team pick & choose who they can be bothered to reply to.  

The TVA app will only work if you have a TiVo - do you have one?

At what point do you get the "unauthorised" message? Can you log in? Does the Sky app work?  Can you watch TVA in your web browser on a desktop/laptop? What version of Android is the tablet running?

0 Kudos
dazred01
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, I am able to login and operate my TiVo box, just unable to watch tv, I get the unauthorised message after selecting 'watch on tablet'

The sky app works and allows me to watch.

Running android 5.0 on tablet

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazred01, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue streaming on your device. 

In order to help, can you let me know what OS you are running on the Zenpad? 

As you are getting the unauthorised mods message, it's a device issue with something being picked up as a modification to the OS. 

You've mentioned you've not got the Superuser app, do you have SuperSU instead?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dazred01
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for getting back.

Running android Linux 5.0.2 - and no SuperSU as far as I can see

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazred01,

Thank you for sending back the requested information. Kath is away from the office for a bit, I hope you don't mind that I've responded to your post. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and that the TV Anywhere app isn't working on your tablet.

The Asus ZenPad 10 isn't a supported device for TV Anywhere (also see previous post regarding Unauthorized Modifications here). You can use it to manage your TiVo®, which means you can set recordings, change series links, delete recordings, see what's on TV, and use your tablet as an advanced remote control.

If the ZenPad 10 is added to our list of supported devices in future, we will update the following supported Android Devices for TV Anywhere list found here.  Also, please see this link for further technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos