Menu
Tyo2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere v sky go

just changed to Virgin as I watch a lot on my iPad and virgin is rubbish I'm in the same flat but the stream keeps stalling 

wish I had known earlier as I had no issues with sky go

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv anywhere v sky go

Such streaming issues have been a constant since TV Anywhere launched.

VM will try & suggest things are improving when in fact they are getting worse as more & more users try to use a platform that wasn't fit for purpose in the first place.

Welcome to the future.

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Such streaming issues have been a constant since TV Anywhere launched.

VM will try & suggest things are improving when in fact they are getting worse as more & more users try to use a platform that wasn't fit for purpose in the first place.

Welcome to the future.
SLASH
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I too am having the same issue. I visit my dad a lot and watch the footy there on tv anywhere. Like you have literally within the last month or two switched from Sky to Virgin. I used to do this at my dad's on Sky Go with no issues whatsoever, now on Virgin any time we are watching the footy on Sky Sports it sticks, stalls and stutters all the way through in the end we end up just forgetting it as it's not worth it. However, I have noticed watching any games which are on BT Sports seems to work perfectly fine. I do wonder if Sky TV are nobbling the service they are seemingly providing Virgin with which would not surprise me. Today I have received a letter saying it's going up £2.50 due to Sky prices rising, I do hope they are able to sort out these issues sooner rather than later as up to now the service is not worth what am paying no much less more. I have filled in the survey provided here; http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Buffering-Issues/td-p/2852182 but it didn't really give me the opportunity to explain the full issue which was annoying lol.

0 Kudos