Menu
martyp
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere - still same issues years on

Hi,
I was told this issue would be fixed a few years ago on here but it never was.
Using a Galaxy S5 on Android 6.0.1 on 5ghz 100mb superhub.
When using the tv guide it only shows some of the channel logos, many are just white text. When I go into a channel and swipe or press the right arrow to go to the next one it works until I reach a white text channel. Then it'll just show the same channel name at the top but the listing for the next channels. Also still when I then move on and select one of the film channels the app then crashes?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere - still same issues years on

Hi Martyp

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry that this issue has been affecting you all this time. There's a few tips you can try for the TV Anywhere, you may only need to try one or two:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please stay in touch.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
martyp
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere - still same issues years on

Thanks Ben, I'd done the app reset (clear data etc.) before and it didn't seem to always work but did it again and it seemed to be a lot better. It's Android 6.0.1 so I didn't uninstall as well as I worried it might not be in the app store for me to reinstall it.

So far so good, streaming has always worked fine by the way. It was just an issue with the TV guide.

0 Kudos