Menu
Vwomble
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere settings on tablet

When running tvanywhere on my android phone I can see the upper right dropdown menu for sign out, settings and help next to the search icon.

When using my android tablet the format shifts the search icon to the right and the dropdown menu disappears. Because the size is locked and the screen won't shift I can't enter settings menu to turn off the sound effects.... very annoying! Also means that I can't register the device.

Anyone having the same issue? can the spacing be altered? (v media?) 

Update... tried deleting and re installing the app, it's still the same. looking at the page, the image is too large overall for my tablet screen, the upper left menu is only half visible, just enough to activate and the magnifying glass icon tight to the extreme upper right corner.

However, strangely, if I compare the screen to my phone, where the upper line is stretched on the tablet, the next line down os stretched on the phone, for example, if diplaying the guide page, the phone only has room for the channel search and current date/time, but the tablet shows these and the "all channels" Dropdown menu, also the channel list is enlarged on the phone and only has room vertically for 7 channels, whereas the tablet has room for 13.

It should not be incompatible, its a samsung!

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere settings on tablet

Looks OK on my Samsung galaxy tab 's 10.1, left menu is tight up to the screen edge but still visible and  accessible. settings icon (3 dots ) is well clear of the right edge.

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

should have said I'm using it in landscape on the tablet.

0 Kudos
Vwomble
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strange, my tab3 8" Only displays this in portrait. Screen rotation works in all other apps.
0 Kudos
Vwomble
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have figured out what is happening.

There are apparently 2 versions of the app,  one for phones and smaller tablets, one for tablets with a screen over 5 inches.

My tablet is 8 inches, but the aspect ratio of the screen is very similar to my phone, I suspect (don't  know) that larger tablets, say 10 inch, have a squarer aspect ratio and the "tablet" app is designed for these, making it wider in portrait mode. this would explain why the image is lost on the right of my tablet. It doesn't explain why my app is in portrait mode rather than landscape as mentioned by stevef.

Questions to V.M

Is there any way to determine whether I have the tablet or phone version installed?

Is there any way to specify the version which I install so that I can try both?

Is there a way of specifying landscape mode that I'm not aware of?

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It should automatically sense the rotation of the device and adjust accordingly, but mine will only display in landscape mode, annoying if I happen to be holding it in portrait.  

0 Kudos
Vwomble
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

AHA! yes, annoying, but at least you can see the whole page!

Let's see what the experts do to repair and refine the app!

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath it takes them forever to fix things

0 Kudos