Menu
Robb103
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere over a vpn reconnecting

Trying to connect to the app via a vpn, tis seems to cause the app to sit in a reconnecting loop. anysuggestions? connects fine without the vpn but I prefer to use a vpn.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere over a vpn reconnecting

Possibly the VPN means that the app can't confirm it's in the UK?

0 Kudos
Robb103
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I assume this is the case. I just would like to know why, when I'm using a registered device, and in this case going through a vpn, that I cant use something that I'm paying money for. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robb103, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here in the Community Smiley Happy 

As mentioned by Ernie_C, by using a VPN network, we're unable to determine if you are on a UK network. Due to this, the feature is blocked. 

I understand this can be frustrating but we also need to ensure we are following guidelines set for us. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Robb103
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. glad it wasnt something i was doing and just an example of  this industry being backwards and not putting paying customers first. I was in the US recently and they were showing 3pm Saturday football for free....we cant even pay to see  that on tv! the agencies making these rules really need to look at what year it is and consider how it treats paying customers. if I was demanding free tv and this was the case I'd understand but I pay for this service. utter rubbish....and for once thats probably not directed at virgin media!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robb103, 

We understand it's frustrating when something isn't available to you and we do take all feedback on board. 

The TV you pay for is a UK Subscription based upon viewing your channels in the home. We have TV Anywhere as an added extra feature for you to use when out and about so you're getting more value for your money. 

It's unlikely that viewing your TV Subscription abroad will come in to play but if it ever does, we'll be sure to let you know Smiley Happy

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Richardna
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds very much like my coflict of wifi calling with tv anywhere. That goes into reconnecting loop. No answers yet. App seems to try to connect through the wifi calling icon.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

in australia a lot of their football games are not shown on their tv channels live, however on bt you can view the games live although it's usually around 10am. i had a relative moaning they couldn't see a football game in australia yet i was able to watch it in the uk live.
0 Kudos