Menu
Cobers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere on Mac

Hi,

Ever since I have had virgin tv anywhere it keeps cutting out the channel and I have to reload it again. This happens a lot. Also when watching sky sports it's very jittery.

I did a speed test and I am running at 76mbps wifi so I have a fast enough connection. Also it works fine on my phone but want to watch on my laptop as it connects to the tv upstairs.

I have closed all other applications on my Mac and it makes no difference. Currently using safari 8.0.

Help needed as will be using this a lot now.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere on Mac

Hi Cobers, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having using TV Anywhere. 

First up I'd like to address the laptop connecting to the TV. This isn't supported. If you are using TV Anywhere in this way, we are not able to run through diagnostics with you. 

Secondly, even though the overall speed is quite high, the strength may not be. 

I would try changing the wireless channel first of all. This link will help you do that: http://virg.in/shubchan 

If that fails, try rebooting the PC into Safe Mode with Networking. try again, is there any difference?

If not what channels are you getting the issue on? 

Is there a certain time of day you're seeing this issue?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Cobers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It also does the same when not connected to the tv. That link won't let me log in, what is the username/password.

It happens most of the time if being honest. Fails more time than it works. Only really use in evening and it is on most channels.

How do you start a Mac in safe mode?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cobers, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

The username and password to log in to your router is written on your superhub. Don't confuse these with your SSID and Passphrase as these are for your wireless. The Username will be admin and then the default password will be written next to it. 

If someone has changed the default password then you'll need to perform a PIN hole reset to reset things back to default to log in and adjust the wireless channels.

Let me know how things are after changing the wireless settings. 

Also if you get a chance, can you test via Netflix, YouTube and or BBC iPlayer to see if you get the same fault?

Come back to us soon,

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos