Menu
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere on Huawei P9

Since moving from Apple to Android I have been experiencing a few issues and I have no idea if it Android/phone related or just general tvanywhere bugs.

The main two issues im having are:

1) when using the app to select certain programs on my v6 (my shows), the app will crash before i have a chance to download or view them. This isnt specific to the full show, maybe just one season or in some cases a single episode.

2) when browsing shows in the app guide and attempting to record the app will also crash, normally after i select the record option.

Currently on Android 6.0 and unable to update to latest version at the moment due to Huawei's crazy slow update schedule.

Anyone any thoughts?

Oh and I've already tried the usual things like uninstalling/reinstalling the app, fully resetting phone and also v6. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere on Huawei P9

Hi sharkey1987,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with TV Anywhere since changing your device. I think it's best if we go back to the start on this. I appreciate some of the steps you've already tried but we need to do them in an order.

Can you delete the app from your device. Once you've done this, restart the device by turning the power off and back on. We're also going to restart the V6 box by turning the power off and leaving off for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and allow to full set back up.

On a PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. Go back to the device you are wanting to use TV Anywhere with and download the app. 

Once this has downloaded, sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I followed all your advice and the problem still seem to be there :/. I can stream channel 4 no problem but when I go into the "my shows section" and attempted to stream an episode of impractical jokers the app once again crashed. This was then followed by the app crashing simply by selecting a variety of episodes. The issue when attempting to record anything also seems to still exist that as soon as I hit " record with these options the app will crash.

Sorry I don't have any better news Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there sharkley1987,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate the checks you have completed so far but too no avail.

When you select the show you want to watch, are you selecting multiply shows or just one show at a time? As the app will only allow 1 recording to be downloaded at a time, if more are being downloaded this will cause error messages.

Do you get this issue if you register another device for TV Anywhere?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Sam,

Yes its only one show. The download will get to 99% then produce the error. However if i click on restart then quickly jump back and click on stop and save download so far then i can normally watch it.

Ive tried it on my ipad and it works as it should which definitely makes me think its an android/device issue but I dont normally take my ipad out and about with me :/.
0 Kudos