Menu
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere on 4g

If you are using your mobile as a wi-fi hotspot, and connecting another device to it by Wi-Fi, TV Anywhere is satisfied that you are on Wi-Fi (which you are) and so it does work. I do it myself all the time. Of course you need to keep an eye on how much tetherable data you have available - TV Anywhere is low quality & low bitrate, so uses relatively little data, but Sky Go isn't & uses much more.

In general though, TV Anywhere is way inferior to Sky's offering for all the reasons outlined above, and more.

e2a: If BT Sport is important to you, forget all about relying on TV Anywhere to deliver it to you on the move. They've never successfully managed to do that, the service falling over on pretty much every big BT Sport matchday in the last 2 years.

0 Kudos
Higgs555
Joining in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. I have assess to bt sport through there own app. And as useless as the to anywhere sounds as long as I can sign into sky sports app using my virgin log in details then I can live with that
0 Kudos
gblorimer
Joining in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I only got connected yesterday and was told I could use the app over 3 & 4 G. Very unhappy customer after one day
0 Kudos
gblorimer
Joining in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I only got Connected yesterday and already not happy as I was told can watch the sports channels over 3 & 4G
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can watch the Sky Sports channels over 3G and 4G mobile data. You need to install the Sky Sports App and be subscribed to the sky sports channels.
imbrugliasboy
Joining in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm dismayed to find out this morning that I cannot stream content "anywhere" that doesn't have a Wi-Fi connection.

1 day in and I'm already sure to be going back to Sky at the end of my contract.

The sales people told me that the app does everything Sky go did.

Blatant lie!

0 Kudos
stwert
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I’ve just moved back to VM from Sky and for some things it’s like going back to the dark ages (love the internet though.)

I’ve resorted to using the TVPlayer app from the AppStore, maybe you could give that a go.
Sure it’s basically Freeview but as I’m on unlimited data and go Binge from Three I’m pretty content with that and Netflix to take the sting out of Virgin Media’s archaic software efforts for now.

Seriously hope someone at VM realises just how behind and out of date they are at some point. I’ve got the V6 box, it does 4K, yay. But only Netflix. Well whoop, so does my TV, PlayStation, Apple TV, I need another Netflix player like I need a hole in the head. And before anyone mentions that not everyone has lots of devices, if they at least have a 4K TV, I’d put good money on it having 4K Netflix.
0 Kudos