Menu
Well-informed
Message 11 of 15 (308 Views)

Re: Tv anywhere on 4g

[ Edited ]

If you are using your mobile as a wi-fi hotspot, and connecting another device to it by Wi-Fi, TV Anywhere is satisfied that you are on Wi-Fi (which you are) and so it does work. I do it myself all the time. Of course you need to keep an eye on how much tetherable data you have available - TV Anywhere is low quality & low bitrate, so uses relatively little data, but Sky Go isn't & uses much more.

In general though, TV Anywhere is way inferior to Sky's offering for all the reasons outlined above, and more.

e2a: If BT Sport is important to you, forget all about relying on TV Anywhere to deliver it to you on the move. They've never successfully managed to do that, the service falling over on pretty much every big BT Sport matchday in the last 2 years.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 12 of 15 (297 Views)

Thanks for the replies. I have assess to bt sport through there own app. And as useless as the to anywhere sounds as long as I can sign into sky sports app using my virgin log in details then I can live with that
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 13 of 15 (27 Views)

I only got connected yesterday and was told I could use the app over 3 & 4 G. Very unhappy customer after one day
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 15 (26 Views)

I only got Connected yesterday and already not happy as I was told can watch the sports channels over 3 & 4G
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 15 of 15 (24 Views)

You can watch the Sky Sports channels over 3G and 4G mobile data. You need to install the Sky Sports App and be subscribed to the sky sports channels.
0 Kudos