Menu
Midwintersky
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere issues on android tablet

Hi,
I have a hudl tablet, my TV anywhere ap disappeared so I downloaded it again, un registered and re registered the device but now when I go onto the guide to choose something to watch it makes a noise but nothing happens!!! I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Massively frustrated is and understatement. Any ideas??? Tia
0 Kudos
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere issues on android tablet

Exactly the same problem as me, surely someone at virgin has a solution? 

Midwintersky
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

You would of thought so but I have had no response as yet!!!! I requested help Friday!!!

Xx
0 Kudos
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same thing here!!  VM reckon that they've tested it on a Hudl 2 and it was fine but I'm afraid I don't believe them.

I started a thread about it earlier - sorry, didn't see yours until now otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

It's really flipping annoying because our tablet was perfectly compatible with the previous version of the app - I never had a single problem with it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the Intel SoC because the website says it's incompatible with Windows tablets and phones.

I'm not holding my breath for a solution.......

0 Kudos
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SOLVED - This is what worked for me:

1.  Power down Tivo box

2.  Unplug it

3.  Wait for 5 minutes

4.  Plug back in

5.  Power up

6.  On tablet, go to Settings > Device Registration and delete device

7.  Kill / force close app

8.  Go to Settings > Device Registration and reregister device

If you have used up your registrations for this month, contact VM Customer Services and they will add another registration to allow you to do this.

Hope it works for you too Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts regarding the Hudl 2 and the issues you are having with it. 

We have indeed tested the latest version of TV Anywhere on it and it's working as it should be. After following the advice from Blandroid, is anyone still having an issue? 

Come back and let me know. 

Thanks,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kildrum
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, same problem as previously unfortunately. Worked fine for a while then very sporadically. I did appreciate the chance to register again and it worked briefly for a day. Eventually I gave up and waited until my renewal allowed me to change to my phone. My Hudl 2 after re-registering and prior to changeover on the 1st didnt work. Phone runs on Android 6 with no issues re the app, Hudl 2 is on 5.1. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, the exact same thing happened to me on the Hudl 2.  It worked then stopped working and no amount of deregistering / reregistering would help - it just refused to stream directly from the Guide menu Smiley Sad However, the following solution does the trick as a workaround and although not ideal, does allow you to stream:

1. Use the Search function to find the live programme you want to watch on the Guide menu
  2. Select your show from the dropdown menu results
  3. Scroll down and tap on Upcoming
  4. Select the episode that's on now (should be the first one in the list)
  5. Select Watch
  6. Select Watch on Tablet

This works for me, hope it helps others too - John at VM suggested it and isn't really sure why this works when direct streaming doesn't but kudos to him all the same Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos