Menu
Ukneilutd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere (as long as you don't buy a new phone)

Ok so another month has passed so 5 months now and still no news when new phones with android on them will work. We do however know Kath is frustrated with this as she also has an s7 as she keeps telling us that but no sign of getting any nearer to solving this issue so vm I am applying for a job with you. I have no knowledge of phone operating systems nor with a service providers app so it seems to me I am perfect for the job as obviously no-one there does either. So please employ me (I am disabled) and I can also pretend fo fix it for 6 months. I will be leaving when it gets to 6 months as I can with another price hike but I am hoping it will be fixed by then but I really doubt it. From a really frustrated person who goes to shopping centres with his wife but when I get too tired find a seat and watch telly but not no more 

Neil

Helpful Answers
mrdjamk2
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv anywhere (as long as you don't buy a new phone)

It's an absolute farce mate. It's the total lack of proper information about what they're supposedly doing to fix the issue that makes it worse. I'm pretty sure that any half decent app developer could of built a complete new one from the ground up by now.

All Replies
mrdjamk2
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's an absolute farce mate. It's the total lack of proper information about what they're supposedly doing to fix the issue that makes it worse. I'm pretty sure that any half decent app developer could of built a complete new one from the ground up by now.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ukneilutd wrote:

I am applying for a job with you. I have no knowledge of phone operating systems nor with a service providers app so it seems to me I am perfect for the job as obviously no-one there does either. So please employ me (I am disabled) and I can also pretend fo fix it for 6 months.

Neil

Dear Mr Ukneilutd.

Thank you for your interest in a position with Virgin Media, we are the best provider in the universe ever.  We have considered your application with the cursory glance we give credit checks and  are sorry to advise you that you are over qualified for the position as software developer (android) within our organisation. We have arrived at this decision as clearly you have a pulse and can string a coherent sentence together. 

We wish the the very best of luck in your future endeavors. As long as that does NOT involve watching TV. Anywhere.

Kind Regards....

I.P.Freely

Head of random stuff.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seriously though, if you were a major service provider that sold handsets would you not make it priority number one that your apps work on the handsets you sell?

I've never bought a handset of Virgin Mobile, Im more of a SIM free 3rd party retailer type. So although TVA does not work on my handset, that's kind of my problem. And there ARE workarounds. If I HAD purchased off VM and my handset was not supported I would be bemused and equally annoyed. If you are going to only let certain models through the "authorised" process, make it the ones you sell.......

Not rocket science, surely?

0 Kudos
Ukneilutd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep I am 1 of those people I had an s5 off o2 which did work. I swapped to virgin and bought 2 s7 off virgin that now don't work. I thought maybe 1 month to sort it out at the most not 5. Makes me laugh they have put the price up twice because of the great service we havexpect so they can keeping giving us great service.........let me know when that starts will someone please!
0 Kudos