Menu
terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere, area 22

Is there a problem again with TV Anywhere ? I cannot get TV Anywhere on my PC again despite the fact I nominated it again after problems a few weeks back ??

Could someone advise please

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv anywhere, area 22

Hi terryR1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to here you're back here again after a few weeks. 

If you updated the OS or your browser then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using your PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the previous registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi terryR1,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

Checking things at this end there are 2 devices registered. 

One was registered 16th June and named 'Dianes' and the second was registered 28th June and named 'Tels tv'. 

Make sure you are signing in using the Primary details. These will be the same ones you use to view your bills in My Virgin Media. 

Also make sure you are going via anywhere.virginmedia.com not My Virgin Media Smiley Happy 

The Device settings tab can be found by hoovering your mouse over My Profile in the top right hand corner. 

Come back and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Kath_R. The problem has been solved. By following all your tips and particularly going to anywhere.virginmedia.com instead of My Virgin Media I can now access TV anywhere on my PC again. Thanks for your time and help. Terry
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi terryR1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to here you're back here again after a few weeks. 

If you updated the OS or your browser then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using your PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the previous registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay, I've been on holiday. If I go into My Profile I have no Device settings !!!! It sounds silly but I don't seem to be able to get to the registration of devices area at all !!! Either I've lost the plot or something has gone wrong. Could you help/advise further please. Thanks

0 Kudos
terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Kath F but when I go into my profile I have no device settings to click onto. Am I being thick or is there something wrong ? Sorry to be a pain - thanks again

Terry
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi terryR1,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

Checking things at this end there are 2 devices registered. 

One was registered 16th June and named 'Dianes' and the second was registered 28th June and named 'Tels tv'. 

Make sure you are signing in using the Primary details. These will be the same ones you use to view your bills in My Virgin Media. 

Also make sure you are going via anywhere.virginmedia.com not My Virgin Media Smiley Happy 

The Device settings tab can be found by hoovering your mouse over My Profile in the top right hand corner. 

Come back and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Kath_R. The problem has been solved. By following all your tips and particularly going to anywhere.virginmedia.com instead of My Virgin Media I can now access TV anywhere on my PC again. Thanks for your time and help. Terry
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi terryR1, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos