Menu
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere app

Love the app. Even better set out on my tablet. Was streaming fox from my iPhone in bed last night (only have freeview on the bedroom) and thought I'd try it out on the tablet instead as its 10" inches. Imagine my horror when it come up with an error message that I can't stream from my tablet!! And that's after me being able to opt for the watch now button, (misleading!) after following the link to see what the issue could be, it turns out that there are a few phones and tablet models which Virgin thought were not able to provide an acceptable streaming quality and therefore BLOCKED them!! My tablet is only a couple of years old and it cost me around £350 so it's not a cheap copy of something. Why not give us the choice of watching a badly streamed programme?! Just another thing to add to the list of things that Virgin are not providing to loyal customers that pay the top price for their services!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere app

Hi jade8384,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are unable to watch TV Anywhere from your tablet. What make and model is it?

The devices blocked from using TV Anywhere are done so as it won't work for streaming with that device due to the specifications or OS of the device. 

In my opinion, watching a bad stream is even more frustrating than not being able to watch it at all. 

The app will still work on blocked devices for the Manage TiVo® function which is why it does show the option for Watch Now option. When connecting your TiVo® to your Hub / router, the device will change the TV over to that channel. 

You can of course watch TV Anywhere on another device that is compatible or via a PC / Laptop so you're not missing out. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi there. again thanks for your reply, didn't think that virgin actually responded to these posts! also sorry being very stroppy, i'd had a lot of issues with virgin recently and it was just getting too much! my tablet is samsung galaxy tab 3 gt-p5210, i only wanted to use it as its got the 10" screen and makes better viewing than my iphone! oh well. ill have to stick to the small screen when not in the living room!
0 Kudos
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cant get any virgin media apps on my laptop! Smiley Sad windows 10. any advice or do i need to go and buy a new tablet that's compatible with the app?! Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

scrap that! I've sussed it! lol Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jade8384,

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know Smiley Happy

Don't worry about any 'stroppiness' - I didn't notice and we're all entitled to have a little rant when things are not working Smiley Wink 

Anyways, this forum is mainly Community based however we do answer what we can, when we can. Usually it takes us about 3-5 days to reach your posts however lately it's been a bit busier than normal so wait times have increased with some of the team off sunning themselves in places like Gran Canaria, Bulgaria and Cyprus Smiley Very Happy 

If you have any further issues just come back and let us know. We'll happily take a look for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out