Menu
Frazzd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere app not working

TV anywhere app just says can't connect to Tivo on my Samsung Galaxy s6 and on my hudl2 - it worked on my hudl2 once, a year ago, but not now. Can anyone help please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere app not working

You are more than likely trying to stream a channel that cannot be streamed. Try channel 104.

0 Kudos
Frazzd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but the app won't get as far as streaming any channels - it won't connect to my tivo box at all. It can't find my tivo on my WiFi network when I try to connect from my hudl2 or my Samsung Galaxy s6 phone.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For streaming, your TiVo does not need to be on your network as it accesses the Internet through its onboard 10Mb connection.

I would try a restart of your TiVo.

0 Kudos
Frazzd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again but I've tried restarting tivo box and devices but the app still says tivo not found on this home network.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the app needing to "connect" to the tivo is only for using it as a remote control

it does not need to " see" the tivo in order to stream channels or view the guide, or manage series links... so you can ignore the " not found" message

all that a "found" connection lets you do is use the app  as a remote control, as an extra feature. everything else should work, so long as you do rent a tivo on the account (the app will not activate if you don't)  

NB There is no way to stream recorded shows from the tivo, even if you establish the connection ( and to do that you need a wired connection i.e. an ethernet cable from your tivo to your hub)

0 Kudos
Frazzd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah right - you've given me all the info I needed, thanks very much.
0 Kudos