Menu
AtkoK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Too many devices - Sky Sports Virgin Anywhere

TV not so on the go. :-(

Hi

I tried to access Sky Sports via Virgin Anywhere last month and got the error message 'Could not register the device.  Maximum allowed registered devices exceeded.  Error code OVP_00002'.  

It was the first time in a while the I had tried to access and Sky prompted me to download their new 'desktop' to view.  I done this, tried to launch and got the error above.

So, this month, using my 1 allowed device change, I deleted one of my slots and tried to register, in the hope this would clear the error.

I also deleted the Sky Sports installer to try and attempt to clear all recognition.  Unfortunately, this didn't work and after going through the Sky installer process, I'm again getting the same error message.

Is this a known problem and can it be resolved? I'm hoping that I'm not stuck until next month and will have to try and use my device change to clear it - again.

Very frustrating and I feel I'm being penalised with having to use the device changes to rectify what appears to be an error on Virgin / Sky front.  

Any help would be gratefully received.  

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm a MAC user if that makes any difference?!

K.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Too many devices - Sky Sports Virgin Anywhere

Make sure you are looking in the correct device registration page.

There is a separate section in the TV anywhere profile for registration for the Sky apps - check what devices are already registered and if necessary remove one so that the Mac can be added.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Under My Profile Click on Sky Cinema and Sky Sports and you get to the device registration page

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sure you are looking in the correct device registration page.

There is a separate section in the TV anywhere profile for registration for the Sky apps - check what devices are already registered and if necessary remove one so that the Mac can be added.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Under My Profile Click on Sky Cinema and Sky Sports and you get to the device registration page

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Indeed - moving from the Silverlight player to the Desktop Player app counts as device change, so you need a free slot in order to re-register the Mac using the new desktop app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
AtkoK
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick response Graham, I completely missed the fact that there was as separate section for the Sky Sports under device settings.

All sorted now! :-)

K.

0 Kudos