Menu
simonbogdon
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To anywhere in jersey

• it used to work , it no longer does but is ok when I am back home. Have done all the uninstall and reinstall tricks but no good. As I say I used to be able to do it but no longer can... phoned tech teams and they hadn't got a clue and are next to useless

anyone advise / help ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: To anywhere in jersey

as far as i know it should only work int he UK as the broadcasters make that rule. It the same as Sky Go wont work outside the UK or iplayer etc
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

jersey is a part of the uk and tv anywhere should work there. it is another issue causing the problem. .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jersey is a Crown Dependancy. It is not part of UK jurestiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_dependencies

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it all depends whose definition of UK you use.

For VAT it is outside, hence all the finance firms taking residency and Amazon shipping stuff there to save VAT ( but that loophole may be closed now )

yet BBC treat Jersey as part of UK for TV licence purposes. 

for free landline calls to UK numbers in your phone package, Jersey is Included

for elections/ referenda - it is outside...

I doubt there's any offical  policy on whether TVa does/should work there. probably the older version of TVa worked but the new improved version has arrived via an auto-updates and doesn't.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

it all depends whose definition of UK you use.

For VAT it is outside, hence all the finance firms taking residency and Amazon shipping stuff there to save VAT ( but that loophole may be closed now )

yet BBC treat Jersey as part of UK for TV licence purposes. 

for free landline calls to UK numbers in your phone package, Jersey is Included

for elections/ referenda - it is outside...

I doubt there's any offical  policy on whether TVa does/should work there. probably the older version of TVa worked but the new improved version has arrived via an auto-updates and doesn't.

Look closer at the T&C's of most telcos & you will find that although calls to the CI & IOM are a standard landline rate charge, they are not included in the standard talk plans for UK calls.

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/typical-geo-charges.php

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Look closer at the T&C's of most telcos & you will find that although calls to the CI & IOM are a standard landline rate charge, they are not included in the standard talk plans for UK calls.

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/typical-geo-charges.php

I went through this in detail via another thread a couple of months ago, and with the forum staff's own checks plus my own tests, we established that a call from my Virgin landline to a 03... Jersey landline is NOT charged in my top tier free calls Plan. we never bottomed out what happens with Jersey mobile numbers

this may still be relevant. google play store thinks Jersey is not in UK so all uk-only apps are affected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/android-isle-of-man-channel

...However, due to how Google have categorized the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, BBC apps are still not available to install from these locations.

***Updated March 2016***

We are still actively discussing this problem with Google, and thank you all for your patience. This categorisation issue is affecting all apps restricted to UK-only distribution via the Google Play Store, so you may find other non-BBC apps also have this problem.

0 Kudos