Menu
shiralee4144
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box home network connection

I keep getting the message "Not connected to Tivo Box on Home Network".

Both the TiVo box and my ipad are connected to the same network, so why wont they connect.

I have done everything that I am told to do, and it connects.  Then the next day we are back to square one again with no connection.  Last night I finally got it to connect and was able to use my ipad as a remote.  Today when I switch on the ipad all gone again, and I cannot connect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box home network connection

Hi shiralee4144,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo® connection. 

Depending on the way you connected things up will depend on whether or not it will work. The first thing to try is a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each device. 

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 

> Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.

> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 

> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

This should allow the connection to be restored and the Online TiVo® light to come on too Smiley Happy

Come back and let us know how it goes.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shiralee4144
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box home network connection

Thank you.  I called Virgin direct in the end, and an operative talked me through it.  There was a problem which he was able to correct at his end.

Thank you

0 Kudos