Menu
jfranko82
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box Not Found On Network

Recently just plumbed in all my new Virgin Kit.

Tivo box i have connected to bottom ethernet port of the the SH, No other Router being used so the SH is being used for both Internet and WIFI.

I have not changed any network settings on the Tivo box or the SH.

I have connected multiple devices to the WIFI on the SH i.e. Iphones, Ipads and BB. All devices work fine but when trying to use Vigin Media app it says Tivo box not found on network.

Have tried connecting on both the 2G and 5G networks for the wireless devices but still cannot see the Tivo box ??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box Not Found On Network

When you say recently, how recently? It can take up to 24 hours for a TiVo to register through all the systems for use with the TV Anywhere app.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jfranko82,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the TV Anywhere app.

TV Anywhere is available only via WiFi, so won't work on 2G or 5G. 

I can see that you have a technician visit scheduled, as per your previous posts, so if there is an issue with the broadband connection, or the SuperHub, this could cause an issue using the TV Anywhere app. However, you confirmed that your BB is working okay and other devices connect and work via the wireless. 

Have you been able to download the TV Anywhere app and register a device?

Please let me know, so I can investigate this further.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Yaremus
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My TV Anywhere app always worked and Could use the remote control in the app. Now though I can't use the app. It tells me the TiVo can't be found on Network. I've connected it with an Ethernet cable, I've told my TiVo to accept remote devices. I've done everything that's suggested but nothing works.

0 Kudos
Yaremus
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to say, this morning all is working normally to my relief! I imagine the issue was Virgin's and not anything to do with me. I guess the bulk of my relief is not that it is now working but that I wasn't going mad in thinking that I had everything set up correctly.
Thank you 'Virgins'! ;-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yaremus, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out