Menu
Annh185
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not connecting to tv anywhere

Right I think I've tried everything suggested in the forum

trying to watch a recording from my TiVo box on my ipad

tivo box - connected to network via power line network plug. Have confirmed box connected to network, authorised box to receive commands etc I've named the TiVo box using one of the predefined names.. Box has been restarted twice. I can see YouTube and watch videos from the TiVo box. 

ipad. Device has been registered to my account, I can see the box with the correct name, see my recordings, how full the box is.  Remote control icon has an exclamation mark when I press I get "not connected to TiVo Box". I click connect and get "Connecting" then that's replaced by the spinning wheel before "Box Not Responding" comes up, so I press OK and it goes back to the guide and we go through the whole process again and again. 

I think you get the picture. Everything has been rebooted, reinstalled, refreshed. I can happily stream channels on the iPad but not interact with the box. I'm on the same network, rebooted the router.....

Anything else i can try

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not connecting to tv anywhere

Simple answer - you cannot watch recordings from My Shows via the TV Anywhere app.

0 Kudos
Annh185
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, but accepting that why can't I control the box from my iPad etc it's just goes through this connecting circle without ever actually working
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annh185, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

It's great to have you here.

As mentioned by Ernie_C, You are not able to watch your recorded programmes via TV Anywhere. The only place you can watch these is on the TiVo® box itself. 

With regards to using your device as a remote control, you'll need to make sure you have an ethernet cable running from your TiVo® to your hub / router. Once you've made this connection, the app should then allow you to control your TiVo®. 

If your Hub / router is to far away from your TIVo® you can use Powerline adapters to make the connection. This help article will help guide you on how to do this: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=02C3E117-7447-4E21-ADAA-CB3F86023DA6

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos