Menu
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thoughts on the "anywhere" principle

So, I subscribe to Virgin Media TV for one thing Football.  The wife has one TV vice that is Escape to the country.  So we are paying a fortune for essentially a couple of things.  We are happy to do so but when we are out of the house I would like to be able to use this service.

So the wife has taken me away.  We are in a hotel, the wifi is very good and my phone has unlimited data so I have two options for streaming.  However, I try and miracast from my phone (one of my TVA registered devices) to my Fire TV stick.

It works for about 2 seconds then error D:1.  So I look this up, the TVA app will not allow the screen to be cast.  What on earth is the justification for this, I am in a hotel, using my legal right to view the football on the app and yet I am unable to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thoughts on the "anywhere" principle

I will add, that thanks to the wonderful FireTV stick's ability to be sideloaded with Kodi, I am watching the football but not with the system I AM PAYING FOR!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In common with Sky Go, TV Anywhere cannot stream to a TV via streaming devices, such as Chromecast, .....

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Such an odd way of doing things.  My laptop works fine doing the same thing

0 Kudos