Menu
leeprew
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

This service is awful!

I know this is an add-on service and all but it really is appallingly awful. Apart from the seemingly random missing episodes, there's also the small fact that I can no longer watch Sky Cinema since no browser supports Silverlight anymore and Sky has effectively said they have no intention of switching from Silverlight. Thanks, Sky!

And then there is the choppy live TV and terrible quality of the on-demand content...when it finally shows up that is. I have the 200MB service and every other streaming service is flawless. Virgin TV stops and stutters and the picture quality is garbage compared to the others.

Then there is the whole palaver of having to reregister the playback devices (of which two is ridiculous in this day and age when there are many devices capable of watching TV Anywhere in your average family home) when switching browsers or having to reinstall Windows and having to wait a month for it to reset. It's almost like you really want to p**s people off rather than provide a service.   

I always defend Virgin Media when people knock it as generally I never have any real issue with the service apart from TV Anywhere. Really, if you can't be bothered with providing a quality feature such as TV Anywhere then I'd rather you just knock it on the head than tease us customers with something that is clearly knackered.

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: This service is awful!

I couldn't agree more!

(except the Silverlight thing; you can still use IE11, which comes with Windows 10)

0 Kudos
leeprew
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: This service is awful!

It used to work for me also in IE 11, then I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it doesn't so I don't know if Microsoft has changed something.

0 Kudos