Menu
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TV Anywhere everything is awesome thread

With all the buck-passing & lip service surrounding Virgin's TV Anywhere performance, and their continued insistence that each reported issue is unique & that there is nothing wrong with their servers, (despite compelling evidence to the contrary), I thought I'd start another little survey to find out if ANYONE is happily using TV Anywhere on a regular basis without any problems at all. I am genuinely interested, as VM seem to think (or at least have us believe) that those experiencing problems are very much in the minority. I simply don't buy that; this forum, and VM twitter feed are awash with people have the exact same problems. They must get hundreds of calls on the subject every day but of course most of those customers get fobbed off rather than their issues being appropriately escalated or taken seriously at all. And I'm sure a lot of people have just thrown in the towel with it, and are tired of hitting their heads against a brick wall.

Apparently TV Anywhere has won awards, but I can only guess those awards were made based on what it is supposed to do on paper, and not on how it actually performs. If you are genuinely pleased with TV Anywhere, please say so here. If you are short on time, a simple "yes" & how often you use the service will do. Don't post here if you're unhappy, there's plenty of other threads for all that!

Thanks for reading.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: The TV Anywhere everything is awesome thread

Hi Crockret, 

Thanks for your post and I am really sorry for any ongoing issues you have been having.

Whilst this is kind of a good idea, it's not something that is going to really show a true  assessment of how many people are happy etc since most people come to the forums to advise of a fault of some sort. 

The past 10 days i've been managing a team on the broadband technical team that actually take TV Anywhere calls and these types of calls were actually few and far between. The team was made up of 9 agents, all who took between 30 - 60 calls a day. TV Anywhere queries made up only 12 of those calls for the week. 

Whenever there is a fault that we ourselves cannot resolve, we always escalate things further. In your case, we're not able to resolve things as there isn't an actual fault. You are not on the package required to watch the channel you want to watch. 

Thanks for taking the time to create this thread but as I said above, it's not really a true reading due to no one coming onto the forums to talk about how good things are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't be so dismissive Kath, there are lots of people that come here with a perceived fault that isn't really a fault.. Your misleading marketing literature lets customers believe they can watch recordings using TVA anywhere when they can't.  Plenty of customers are never told they'll need a TiVo in order to use the TVA apps.  Lots of customers want to use the world's most popular browser to view TVA and don't understand why they can't.  They might need extra device changes as a result.  Once their issues are address or resolved, I'd have thought at least a few might have something good to say.  They don't.  Not even a single SuperUser, with their clearly biased VM-supporting agenda has anything good to say in a week this thread has been here.  Nice effort on getting the post count up anyway!

Can you please tell me why it is, that even when it has been categorically proved that the VM TVA server is chucking out duplicate data that can only result in TVA playback repeating & skipping, you continue to insist that every fault is unique & there is nothing wrong your end.  Continuing to do so just makes you look stupid.

If you really think that the only issue I am having is that the CBS Drama page used to provide false information (Package required M+) and did not behave in the same way as other channels not included in my newly downgraded TV package you are very much mistaken.  TV Anywhere continues to buffer, repeat & skip.  There is nothing wrong with the many devices & internet connections I have experienced these issues on.  Please stop burying your heads in the sand & fix it.  I will not waste a second more of my time reporting such issues to you, as it has been proven to be a waste of my time.  You have wasted quite enough of it already. 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

5 weeks & still no-one has anything positive to say.  

Go figure.

0 Kudos
Chrissiej31
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Watch TV just spent ages stuttering. I can't watch any of the movies or sport because apparently there is a problem with my silverlight when i use my VM login details.

Sky ones work fine - I wonder why that is?
0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It isn't reliable. It isn't fit for purpose.

You never know if it will work, or not - unlike Netflix or the BBC iPlayer.
tumi
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Here's one I prepared earlier:

Kath

"we have seen a huge reduction in the reports, which is great news." One of Kath's responses on 27/05/15 on this eternal saga.

Just because you see a reduction in the number of reports on buffering etc, don't assume that things are getting better. I would offer another view point - people are fed up spitting in the wind! I think I was being polite not using the "P" word in lieu of spitting!

Martin 

0 Kudos
Chrissiej31
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

chriscl wrote:
It isn't reliable. It isn't fit for purpose.

You never know if it will work, or not - unlike Netflix or the BBC iPlayer.

Indeed. Just had Sky installed. No problem with SkyGo on the same machine using silverlight.

odd that. 

0 Kudos