Menu
chriscl
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for nothing, TV "Anywhere"

Just had to post - I was trying to watch the Tour de France on my iPad this afternoon, and would you not know it, right at the end, 2km from the finish, TV Anywhere crapped out completely, picture frozen, apart from an unhelpful "one moment..." across the middle of the screen, causing me to miss the end of the stage. 

I've (yet again) filled in the survey form - for what good that will do - but these issues have been going on for well over a year now, and *still* we are no nearer a solution. 

Here's a tip for you VM - if you cannot get it to work properly, why don't you subcontract the service out to the BBC or Netflix? Both their services seem to work very well, without some of the additional baggage TV Anywhere demands. 

I'm really getting fed up of this so-called service now, it is clearly not fit for purpose, and never has been. 

Why can you not fix it, or failing that, come out and HONESTLY tell us - who pay for it - what the problem is? Instead, all there is, is a deafening silence.

I'm sure someone will pop up and point out "but TV Anywhere is a free service!" Maybe "officially" it is. But one of the reasons I'm willing to let Virgin Media take the best part of £100 off me every month is the ability to watch TV on my iPad. 

But you cannot get that to work reliably (whereas other streaming services, as noted above, work just fine).

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thanks for nothing, TV "Anywhere"

Hi chriscl,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Apologies that the TV Anywhere failed and prevented you from seeing the end of the Tour de France. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this is, after experiencing a similar issue with the golf Open play-off  yesterday.

Were you at home when you were viewing the Tour de France? I've tried to run testing to your equipment to make certain the signals are alright and my diagnostic tools are not able to communicate with your hardware.  Have you noticed an issue with your normal TiVo® channels, broadband connection or slow WiFi outside of peak times?

The testing also flagged a known issue in your area in which we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times ) will be resolved.

I would like to run further testing to your equipment to verify the TiVo® and SuperHub are working correctly. Please let me know if both the TiVo® and the SuperHub are constantly powered on. If you normally switch your equipment off, could you please make arrangements to leave them powered on tomorrow morning from 8 AM onwards?

I will re-run the testing then.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I'm away until Thursday July 30tg but the router is on (it always is) so you should be able to connect to it remotely as needed.

I have noticed a decrease in download speed (I struggle to get above 40Mbps now, although upload is consistent at 12Mbps) but at the moment that download speed is plenty for what I need.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi chriscl,

Thanks for responding with that information. 

I have re-run the testing and can see that engineers are working in the area at the moment, so there is an area issue.

I'll keep an eye on this and check back with you after your return to see how the service is going.

Cheers.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi chriscl,

Just checking back with you to see how the services are now getting on. 

I've just re-run testing to your equipment and can see an issue that we need to get an engineer out to investigate.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos