Menu
Rohanlon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TVs anywhere on ipad

Hi,

i just had Virgin to installed and it looks good. I connected the TiVo to the home network and I can now remote control the TiVo.

what I don't seem to be able to do is stream to the iPad. Should this be an option when I click WATCH NOW? I only get WATCH ON TV.... can you help?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVs anywhere on ipad

Depends what you are trying to stream.  There are some live TV channels that you can stream to a mobile device but for streaming of catch up & on demand content you need to use a PC.  Details on the help pages if you click here.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Rohanlon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I tested it with a PC an iPhone and it's working.
The iPad is an ipad2.
I have now register my two devices so I have to wait until next month to switch back and try it again. In the meantime, if you have any more suggestions I welcome them,
Regards
Ray
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ray, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the forums. 

I'm glad to hear you've been able to get TV Anywhere working on your 2 devices. 

You can only swap 1 device per month before needing to wait till the 1st of the following month to change another. 

I've added a device change for you to be able to add your iPad however you will need to remove either the PC or iPhone to make room. Once you've done this, you'll need to wait until Friday next week to change it again Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shylock67
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rohanlon,

I may be wrong but the channel you were trying to watch, did it have the WiFi symbol next to it as in my experience you can only stream to your mobile device if it's a WiFi channel?

0 Kudos
Rohanlon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes it did. As mentioned earlier it works on the iphone but not ipad when both are registered devices

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rohanlon

Thanks for the reply.

From your account I can see that the iPhone and laptop are the 2 devices registered to use TV Anywhere.

When you can are you able to remove one of these devices that are not in use and re-register the iPad to see if it works for you please?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos