Menu
isoceles
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere trying to register laptop twice

I was trying to watch on Chrome, but it turns out that's not possible (would be great if that would change) so opened it in Microsoft Edge to try that, but now it says my device - the same laptop - isn't registered.  Don't want to register it again and use up the other slot because I want to use that for a tablet.

Any help would be welcome.

Also, is it possible to watch the recordings from our Tivo box using tv anywhere?

Thanks

0 Kudos
isoceles
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere trying to register laptop twice

Could anyone from the Virgin team shed some light on my question please?  Also, have box not on same network error when looking at it from tablet.  Have restarted box and modem as per help pages, uninstalled and reinstalled the app also, but no joy.

Not a very inspiring start for a new customer  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You'll need to delete the existing registration for the laptop and re-register it. The registration is partly associated with the browser on the computer. So moving from Edge to Firefox for instance would be classed as a device change.

In regards to the app error, what are you trying to do on the app?

Finally, in answer to your question about recordings, you can only watch or download recordings to the app from a V6 box. The TiVo doesn't allow recordings streaming or downloading to the app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
isoceles
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Ben.  

Bit disappointing that changing browser is enough to class a device change when you only get two slots, but will give that a try.

I had wanted to watch tv on the tablet, and use the remote control function via the app, but keeps saying that the box isn't on the same network as the device. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To use the remote functions with the TV Anywhere app, the TiVo box needs to be connected to your Hub or router. Without that connection the app can't talk to the box for those functions.

With the newer V6 box this connection to the home network is part of the installation, but with the older TiVo box it's an additional step that you need to do.

For the older TiVo boxes remote record functions go via a different route so can be used whether the box is connected to your home network or not.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos