Menu
barstep
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere rejects my Login details

TVAnywhere rejects my login details on iPhone and iPad even though they work on the My Virgin Media website.

I used the 'forgotten my password' option and successfully reset the password and it still won't accept my details.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere rejects my Login details

Hi barstep, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting an error message when trying to sign in to TV Anywhere. 

Do you have an active TiVo® subscription?  If not, you will need one in order to use the app. If you have got one, have you made any changes to it in the last 24 hours? If so then it can take 24 hours for TV Anywhere to sync with the updates. During this time the Username Error message may appear. 

Are you able to login to the website version of TV Anywhere on a PC / Laptop here?: TV Anywhere Online

Make sure you are typing the username and password into the app and not relying on auto-fill as sometimes they can add an extra space or auto capitalise the first letter. Both of these would produce this error. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
barstep
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box was replaced 4 days ago. I can login to the tvanywhere website and the content listed against my TiVo box is the same as it is on my TV screen - so it would appear that the box has synchronised. 

I have also deleted the TV Anywhere app and reinstalled it, but I am still unable to login using the app on either my phone or my iPad.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi barstep, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

Having the TiVo® replaced would knock the sync out and would produce this error however it shouldn't take this long to be able to sign in to TV Anywhere via the app again. 

I have re-synced things from this end for you. Can you try logging in to the app again for me. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
barstep
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I am still unable to login with the tvanywhere app on either my iPhone or iPad.

0 Kudos
barstep
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Two days later and the app still rejects my login on iPhone and iPad. Perhaps I should just pull the plug and give up. I was one of the beta testers for TVAnywhere. That was years ago. It was very basic then, but even that was better than what I have now. 

Is anyone listening or has this issue just become to hard for you. Or perhaps you know about this issue but don't want to come out and say "It doesn't work" 

In hope ......

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barstep,

Thank you for coming in and your ongoing patience, I would certainly like to help you. 

I'd like to concentrate firstly on just the iPad for a moment to see if it is an overall issue or just with phones. 

I would like to ask if you can delete the app, and re register the app but before doing so, clear the cache and cookies on the iPad itself. 

Once done I will refresh you change allocations to continue to test this.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
barstep
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You said

I would like to ask if you can delete the app, and re register the app but before doing so, clear the cache and cookies on the iPad itself.

1. There is no setting to clear the cache and cookies. However there is an option in Safari settings to "Clear History and Website Date"

Is this what I should do?

2. Do I do this before deleting TV Anywhere; before reinstalling TV Anywhere; or before login after installing?

Thanksfir your help
0 Kudos
barstep
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You said

1. There is no setting to clear the cache and cookies. However there is an option in Safari settings to "Clear History and Website Data"

Is this what I should do?

2. Do I do this before deleting TV Anywhere; before reinstalling TV Anywhere; or before login after installing?

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barstep,

Thank you for your reply, my apologies on not being specific, I realised after posting that, it's Safari you would be dealing with. It's a yes to, "Clear History and Website Data" and also doing this before deleting the app would be easier for you as it will open you up to a brand new install without any old data.

Keep in touch on how you get on Smiley Happy 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos