Menu
romec1701
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere - only works on Wifi?!

Has this been changed as I am absolutely certain I used to be able to watch channels via the Virgin App via my 3G/4G network on my Android phone.

If you can only access it on wifi why in God's name is it called TV'ANYWHERE' as it clearly isn't...

There are so many issues with this service it is a pig's dinner of a mess and I can't believe a company with the size and revenue of Virgin Media cannot do better to sort it out.

Simple things that don't work properly:

Access via phones on 3G/4G networks.

Apple mac access (Silverlight issues)

Sky Sports and Sky Movies access on ALL platforms.

BBC access on all platforms.

Everytime I try to use functionality THAT I HAVE PAID FOR it doesn't work and it is infuriating and frustrating and just makes me want to leave.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere - only works on Wifi?!

You have never been able to stream on TVA via 3G/4G. Its always been like that.

BBC is not available on TVA you have to use the BBC IPlayer. (Thats what the Beeb want)

Sky Sports and Movies you need there apps.

At the end it's due to restrictions placed on VM that prevent the streaming via 3G/4G and BBC will not allow VM to stream there channels as thay want you to use the iplayer app.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
romec1701
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere - only works on Wifi?!

OK, so I must be mistaken about accessing on the go (although i clearly remember sitting in a church watching a Liverpool match on BT Sport and shouting in the middle of a prayer when Stevie G slotted home - and it is doubtful the church had wifi - but anyway)

My other comments stand.

It is not TVAnywhere. It's not even TVSomeplaces. It's TVinplaceswhereyouhaveTVanywaysoisatotalpointlesswasteoftime.

It hardly works even when you are on wifi (I currently get Error D14 on every channel).

Having to use Sky or BBC apps to watch their channels is annoying at best and when Sky Sports never works (currently getting Maximum Number of Devices reached error - even though my phone is one of my two devices!) is a complete farce.

The only thing that works is watching BBC on iPlayer, and thats got nothing to do with the numpties at VM.

0 Kudos