Menu
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere and Sky Sports

Tried watching Sky Sports 4 using the Sky Sports app on my tablet (Lenovo Yoga 3) but kept getting the wonderful - this application does not support screen sharing when streaming - message which I note has still not been resolved in this forum so am unable to watch that on my tablet.

Then noticed I did not have TV Anywhere onmy tablet so installed that but when I open that and sign in all it wants to do is show me the guide and what recordings are on my Tivo box. If I select a program from the guide it only gives me the option to view on my TV.

Thought it was all down to setting and registered devices so I went into Device Settings -> Your Devices checked my devices, deleted an old device and inserted my Lenovo. Oh goody I thought now should work but how wrong I was.

I then noticed Sky Movies and Sky Sports under Device Settings and notice that has totally different devices - a PC and an Android Phone.

However I now cannot make any changes until June which means 2 weeks of not being able to watch any Sky Sports whilst working away from home, which I do weekly and when I am allowed to make new changes again I haven't got a clue which ones I should remove, if I am allowed to remove a load, or whether I will be any nearer being able to watch stuff.

To cap it all the registration for my PC has been removed ad cannot be registered either until June.

What a garbage service

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVAnywhere and Sky Sports

Hi NeilLucz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It is lovely to have a new face in the crowd here posting Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have reset the Sky platform for you now so there are no devices and you have 1 change to use to add the new device. If you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK had a try and still get the wonderful pop up - Cannot connect to Sky Sports - This application etc.

When I look at my devices under Sky Movies & Sky Sports -> Sky Devices it shows an Android Phone (might be my Lenovo Tablet ??) and an available slot. But I still can't see anything on the app on my tablet.

Another week away from home without Sky Sports from Virgin which I pay for.

Just as well there are other products about to use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi NeilLucz, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

As I reset the platform for you there were no devices registered for use with Sky so as there is one showing now, this must mean the device successfully registered. 

The screen sharing error, are you trying to view the programs on a second screen as opposed to your tablet screen? If so, this would be why you are getting the error. 

Ourselves and Sky have banned the use of the apps in this way. You are able to watch the streams on the device itself though. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am sat in a hotel room with just my tablet connected to the hotel WiFi I am not sharing my screen with anything nor is my tablet connected to any other device or tv etc.

When I get home tomorrow I will try TV Anywhere on my home PC and see where that gets me but as far as my tablet is concerned nothing is working.

0 Kudos
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So - continuing this debacle to try and watch Sky Sports through the wonderful TVAnywhere, or the Sky Sports Website/App I have now tried the following:-

On my Home PC -

Within TV Anywhere it showed 2 devices and 1 change allowed.

Devices shown were 'Neil Lenovo' (ooh hopes raised slightly) and 'Tivo'

I deleted the Tivo and tried to watch a Live TV channel and it came up device not registered with the option to register. I registered and can now watch Live TV on my PC up in my work room. Not too useful as it is a work and not a tv room but it does show something works, if I need to delete and reregister another device can do that later on.

Then I went to watch Sky Sports on my PC

Using Microsoft Edge it tells me that Chrome is not supported but I think that is a MS issue not part of this problem.

I fired up Internet Explorer signed in etc but am then told that I have used up all my changes. Therefore I am going to have to wait until June to tetst that one again, only tomorrow I know but you might be able to sense my frustrations by now.

Checking the settings in TV Anywhere for Sky Sports it just shows an 'Android Phone' and an available slot, but no changes allowed. 

So onto my Lenovo Tablet to see what I can get on that:-

Tv Anywhere App - I can sign in and see the listings but if I tap on a program and watch now I only get the option to watch on TV and not on my tablet - despite the Lenovo Tablet showing up in my TV Anywhere Settings !!!! - I could manage my Tivo if I connected that to my home network but I do not need, or have any need, to remotely operate my Tivo so have no intention of connecting it. If I miss something I look for it in on demand etc.

Sky Sports App - No change from earlier - I still get the pop up saying - Cannot connect to Sky Sports. This application does not support screen sharing when streaming.

Just to reiterate I am not sharing my tablet screen with any other devices.

This is starting to get a bit ridiculous and I do hope your reply is not the standard have you tried re-installing etc etc I want to be able to simply register my Lenovo Tablet so that when I am away from home I can take advantage of the services that I am paying a very large monthly bill for but not being able to enjoy unless I resort to other means which does make me question why I do not do it that way at home as well.

PS - Please do not send me another Badge or an email asking whether the reply that I have posted to my own query was useful or not as it is clearly referring information back to yourselves to advise me, it is not a solution to the issue, or maybe your forum software cannot identify that complexity of decision!!

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Microsoft Edge does not work for the Sky Sports website http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D413080D-461B-40AF-BC50-F584AEBFCBD5 you will need to use another browser such as Firefox (Chrome also doesn't work)

You can't watch Sky Sports on TV Anywhere, you need to use the Sky Sports app however it should work with the Lenovo (and likewise TV Anywhere should work)

You will now need to get some more device changes added to your account to test this. What type of Lenovo tablet do you have?

0 Kudos
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

regarding MS Edge I was aware it does not work just found it odd that Sky Sports recognised it incorrectly as Chrome, I acxtually used IE to do all the rest on my PC.

I am using the Sky Sports App on my Lenovo and it keeps coming up with the can't connect and mustn't share screen prompt which is widely documented on this and other forums with no resolution except for constant prompts to re-install etc etc which is not a technical solution at all, just common help desk answer which means I'I basically have no idea but it sounds like something to do anyway'

I am using a Lenovo 3 10 inch tablet running Android 5.1.1

Unfortunately TV Anywhere only gives me the option to watch on my TV, not on my tablet, but as my TIVO is not on my network it wouldn't change the channel anyway and I already have a remote control for my TIVO box, no need for an expensive Android one with a 10 inch screen.

They totally reset my Sky settings and it has picked up my Lenovo as an Android phone !!! and I cannot do anything until the next change reset, hopefully tomorrow.

Just somewhat annoyed that I pay a lot for this service and can still only watch it on my boxes in my house

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the Chrome error for MS Edge sounds like a bug on Sky's side.

Is your tablet connected to a WiFi network? Are you trying to stream a channel with the wifi symbol next to it e.g. channel 104? 

The Lenovo 3 should work.... it's not listed here as a 'manage TiVo only' device http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=9E966504-52D2-49F7-9EAB-8EBAF5B9F4FC 

0 Kudos
NeilLucz
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not streaming anything else just using the apps separately but getting no joy at all

0 Kudos