Menu
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TVAnywhere Service error Sync Account Error :0

I have been getting the Sync Account Error for 4 days now and I cannot access TVAnywhere via my home Wi-Fi on my iPad. My husband can still get it on his iPad without any problem.

I can log in to the app via other Wi-Fi connections but that is no good for controlling my TiVo box when I'm at home.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app but it has made no difference. As I use the app regularly can anybody help, please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TVAnywhere Service error Sync Account Error :0

Hi Dreamfinder

It is a lot to do when completing a factory reset especially when you have a lot of saved work on there.

This can be done at any time you wish, if you want too anyway. The only other thing I can think of, do you know of any apps that you downloaded recently or an update on an app that may be causing an issue. I know you have done this loads of times by now but you can try a re-install again just in case.

Is there anything different on your iPad to your partners that may be interfering?

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dreamfinder

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're having issues with TV Anywhere on your iPad. I appreciate the checks you have completed so far.

The next step I would like to try is re-registering your iPad. As you have one device change available. On a laptop/PC log into your TV Anywhere account and under My Profile select Device Settings. This will show the devices registered for TV Anywhere. If you remove your iPad from the list, then go back onto the iPad itself and select a channel to stream. This will then prompt you for registration.

Try this and see if it will work for you.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had tried your suggestion back on 27th March after the app hadn't been letting me sign in for a day or two but I have tried again, still with no luck as it won't let me sign in to even attempt to stream any channels. 

I am wondering if the problem was caused by the recent Apple o/s update that stopped links in emails and safarifrom opening and the apps to crash. This problem was rectified yesterday with another bug fix update and everything else on my iPad is now working as expected - it's just the TVAnywhere app that I have  a problem with.

The problem is at the signing in stage, see photo below, as it will not let me Log in at all, so I do not get the chance to re-register my iPad. Any help in resolving this problem would be gratefully accepted as I use the TVAnywhere App regularly and really miss it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dreamfinder

Thanks for the reply.

Do you get that error message after you type in your username/password and then click Sign in? With the username and password make sure you type it in manually and don't use the auto-fill.

After the fix update you mentioned which was resolved yesterday, have you tried a re-install since then by any chance?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the error opens up after I have manually typed in my details, clicked sign in, then the connecting page comes up but is promptly replaced with the page I took the photo of. 

I tried re-installing the app last night and then again this morning just before attempting your suggestion from the previous response and it made no difference, nothing as changed. 😔

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dreamfinder

I do appreciate all the checks you are completing at the moment.

There is one device that is showing as registered for TV Anywhere? Is this the iPad?

Have you tried to change your password to see if that works?

Speak soon

Sam 

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The only device now registered is my husband's, as I de-registered mine during the attempt following your advice from yesterday. As I cannot sign in I haven't been able to re-register my device that way and didn't want to do it via the TVAnywhere website in case I needed to "change" it again, seeing as you can only have 1 device change a month, and was waiting to see if I got any further help or suggestions on resolving the problem.

i haven't changed my password, as I thought it had to be the password that was used for the main VM account, and that is the account I use and usually log in to the app with, plus I cannot change the password on that account, as it is an old blueyonder email address and I do not get any options to change or alter It's details online, in any way. So how should I try changing it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dreamfinder

The only way you will be able to register the iPad is through the app itself anyway, you won't be able to do it through the TV Anywhere website. You also have one device change available anyway.

The password you use to sign into My Virgin Media is the same for TV Anywhere. 

Does TV Anywhere work on your husband's device?

Sam

0 Kudos
Dreamfinder
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it works just fine on his - which makes it even more frustrating for me, as he's a technophobe and I'm the one who is really into all the latest technology and gadgets. He wouldn't even have an iPad if it wasn't for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dreamfinder

If TV Anywhere works on your partner's device we can rule out an account issue, so there will be no need to change the password.

This error can sometimes appear if signing in with a sub account, are the details you sign in with the same on your partner's device? 

Is there an update available on your iPad at? 

Also if you can keep to one thread instead of creating a new one, this will keep the conversation together and avoids confusion.

Regards

Sam