Menu
allowens
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TVA why does it take VM 3 days to work out problem is windows only

OMG - VM just posted  they have worked out the problem for TVA users, is in Windows only.

3 days to work that out - there really is no hope for the us, the  customer.  -  that update is just a  bad joke , how does it  take 3 days to work that out.

VM  how about posting some useful information on when we can expect a resolution,  if it takes 3 days to work out its only a windows problem, then little hope of a fix in the near future.

Rick

Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVA why does it take VM 3 days to work out problem is windows only

That's not accurate. I have the same problem on my Apple devices. 

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is most likely because they completely underestimated the level of demand for TV Anywhere when they launched it, and, as such, they simply do not have the resources to deal with issues when they arise. 

This is why despite dozens and dozens of threads on this forum and elsewhere complaining about speed, buffering, picture quality and device registration issues stretching back over two years, the service quality has improved little, or not at all, and they seem to be either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

And of course, the response from VM is (and I paraphrase) "it's a free service, so you've really no right to complain".

It is a sad state of affairs when other competing services like SkyGo, Netflix, Amazon Prime and the BBC iPlayer work perfectly on the same Virgin Media network, but Virgin's own service is unreliable, beset by over-complicated restrictions and sometimes just dies. And when one can watch the exact same content via illegal means, in better quality, I sometimes wonder why they even bother. 

If they can't fix it, either out-source the provision to someone who can, or give up. Or at least be honest about the scale of the problems VM users experience on a regular basis. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone,  

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we are looking in to this fault. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon.  

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos