Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (147 Views)

TV on the go

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. TV Anywhere works with regard to operating my Tivo remotely but when I try to register for TV on the go it says access denied. Phone is on Virgin Mobile.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (142 Views)

Re: TV on the go

When you say you are on Virgin Mobile, do you mean that you are connected to mobile data, 3G or 4G?

Streaming is only available when connected to wifi.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12 (127 Views)

I am on Virgin 3G network but connect to TV Anywhere on WiFi in my house.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 12 (107 Views)

TV on the go

Anyone else find that you are ignored when VM can't get an answer to an issue.

Try to connect my S7 to TV on the go via wifi at home but it asked you to register device then says access denied.

A guy called Eric started to deal with this but obviously lost interest.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12 (91 Views)

I don't know if this will help.

TV on the go, aka ANYWHERE    

Although reading some of the posts here, I often wonder if we are all talking about the same thing.

So, if this is ANYWHERE.    You have the ability to connect two gizmos  In my case I use them to watch my t.v. package on my pc & laptop

If you  have a mobile, you will probably have to download an app.   Via a pc \ laptop, you merely watch via A BROWSER, I say ''A'' since if you swap between browsers, you'll use up the option to change  either of the two slots, of the monthly change  (restricts changing frequently)  So I've come to the conclusion there is a cookie loaded \ rather some mac address filter.

So TWO slots, with a restriction of 28 day changes - this is where, if you constantly try to sign in, particularly with apps & different browsers, you will use up those options and need your account reset.   Effectively you have used up your options and locked yourself out.

Could that be you problem?

Good luck

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 12 (70 Views)

Thanks for advice but don't see how you can use up options when you can't even get in to select one.

Looks like I could move to Sky. At least they'll try to gethe me on board and keep me. VM just take £150 a month out of my account and not even a "**bleep** you very much" for the trouble.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12 (54 Views)

Hi JimDazley,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

Can you tell me the whole error message you get on screen? Are you able to sign in to the app at all?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12 (46 Views)

Sign in ok. Even get to view listings, control Tivo box etc etc. When I select a channel to watch on my phone it gives option to register device. When you click register it comes up 'access denied'. Never registered any devices so am very confused. My S7 has just been updated to android 7.0 from 6.0.1.

Look forward to your comments.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12 (31 Views)

Hi JimDazley, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting your device to register. 

When you download the app via the Playstore, it should allow you to register the device within that. Is the app redirecting you outside the app to a browser? 

Make sure you have the latest version of TV Anywhere downloaded to your device. 

Have you been able to register another device for TV Anywhere?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12 (29 Views)

Hi Kath,

Never been able to use it. However. I will delete app and download from play store.

This should be the most up to date version.

I have no confidence that this will work but what have I got to loose.

Regards

Jim
0 Kudos