Menu
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV nowhere

My tales of woe continue with this service. After six week I finally got both machines working with TV anywhere. I confirmed that the system is browser specific so that if like me you have Edge, IE, and Firefox you have to remember which one you used to register your device with. Easily overcome when you know there is any issue. Well it would now appear that if you do Windows updates i.e. update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition it doesn’t like that either, does this mean I cannot do any Windows updates if I want this system to work? It’s a good job I only upgraded one system to test things out before upgrading my main Laptop. Don’t know what you did at the end of June but since then it’s been overly sensitive and a nightmare to try and keep working. Yes this does mean I am getting the “DEVICE LIMIT REACHED” message again on my upgrade systems. Smiley Mad

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV nowhere

Hi PhilipSG,

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

If you updated the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. I've added a device change so this will go smoothly for you Smiley Happy 

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My main laptop is now getting "Device Limits Reached" again, this is the one I have done nothing to, since the last reset, no updates, using the right browser etc.

Beginning to take this personally, I spend more time trying to get the devices re-registered that watching anything.

Good job the Olympics were on BBC, at least BBC iPlayer, and ITV player works.

Smiley Frustrated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipSG,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still getting the "Device Limits Reached" message. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you.

Looking into this for you, I can see that you were able to go through to our WebChat team. Has this been sorted out for you? If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know so that I can look into this further for you. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
AdeTheJambo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just look at the number of different posts complaining about this issue. Come on Virgin, it is about time you got your finger out and sorted this.

0 Kudos