Menu
itekweni-durban
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere

I am not very impressed with this service as my partner and i have Samsung tzblets and because of the 2 registration limit i find that everytime that i reset or change anyyhing on my tablet i get locked out as my tablet mo longer recignised and this makes this app useless...if virgimedia check on my account they will see that the devices change every month but in fact it is still same device hut things have altered and tv anywhere takes it to be a new device...i thought i had it sorted then receivedd an update from Samsung last week mow back to device not registered so because of this i am removing this useless piece of s....ware and i am do fed ip not even doing a spell chevk on this

0 Kudos
itekweni-durban
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere

Just an update having read more on the forum regards device changes and it looks like i am not the only one having this problem of not limited to 2 device changes...why cant VM allow us to login to our account and rectify the changes that way when ever you device has an update or you have to factory reset we do not have this delay before registering a device again but as usual virgin media take your money give lousy service to old customers and are only concrened with new customers and this is what sucks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi itekweni-durban

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you have to re-register your tablets after an update even though it is the same device. In certain circumstances like this we can refresh the device allowance if you give us a call and explain the situation.

However our software will work on firmware that is currently available, if that firmware does upgrade then the device will think it is a new registration until our software reflects the new firmware. Even if the device has a factory reset all settings are lost, until they get updated.

I know it can be frustrating as you have to wait until the calender month to receive a new device change. If this does happen again, please let us know.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
itekweni-durban
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Samantha, thanks for your reply and I am still not connected but have decided to wait out the time remaining to register my device again, it is very frustating having this waiting period is there no way that Virgin could allow these settings to be changed on our account this way if one does upgrade a device then all whay would be needed was to go into your account and do it there, this would save lots of bother.

No doubt if i have problems tying to register my device in a couple of weeks time I will be back on here on maybe just bin TV Anywhere all together and find other ways to watch programs away from home..

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi itekweni-durban, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Looking at the account, I can see there are currently 2 devices registered. It looks as though this is the same tablet possibly? 

It's best to log on to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete one of these to make room for the one you want to register. 

I have sent you a private message on the change request. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos