Menu
2Sox
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere - trade description error!

maybe I'm being dim, or just not read through the bumph, watched the youtube recordings enough, like 20 odd times is not enough for anyone!

why doesn't TV anywhere actually work 'anywhere' like it says in the name of the service. It works fine when on my home network when the tivo box and my ipad are on the same network, in the same building, which is of course really useful!! why would anyone want to watch a HD streaming program or film on a 1080pHD  55" tv when they can watch it on a 12" screen ipad???, beats me!

SO, Mr Virgin, why oh why cant I watch things anywhere, like in my office on my lunch break, or in Neros having a coffee on their wifi systems as the service seems to indicate by its own name????????   arrrgh!

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere - trade description error!

2Sox wrote:

maybe I'm being dim, or just not read through the bumph, watched the youtube recordings enough, like 20 odd times is not enough for anyone!

why doesn't TV anywhere actually work 'anywhere' like it says in the name of the service. It works fine when on my home network when the tivo box and my ipad are on the same network, in the same building, which is of course really useful!! why would anyone want to watch a HD streaming program or film on a 1080pHD  55" tv when they can watch it on a 12" screen ipad???, beats me!

SO, Mr Virgin, why oh why cant I watch things anywhere, like in my office on my lunch break, or in Neros having a coffee on their wifi systems as the service seems to indicate by its own name????????   arrrgh!

If you cannot watch TVA on another WiFi network, e.g. work, Neros, then that may be because those networks have filters to prevent this type of traffic. My work network is filtered in this manner to reduce the load.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
2Sox
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm,

yep get that and can't speak for Neros of course but I know for certain that my place of work does not have any such filtering in place as we have a big pipe and no need to restrain use.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

2Sox wrote:

frank_gm,

yep get that and can't speak for Neros of course but I know for certain that my place of work does not have any such filtering in place as we have a big pipe and no need to restrain use.

Maybe, but I can assure you that my workplace has a very big pipe but it is a deliberate policy.

I know because I manage the servers and my colleagues manage the networks.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
2Sox
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

....sure I understand as I'm also in IT and know that there is no filtering in place for this particular activity, I've checked...

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

2Sox wrote:

....sure I understand as I'm also in IT and know that there is no filtering in place for this particular activity, I've checked...

Sorry, can't help then. 

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
2Sox
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

...no worries, nice to have someone respond, at least!

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep, streaming should work on any Wi-Fi network, are you sure you're trying to watch a channel that is available for streaming?

0 Kudos
2Sox
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

...ok, thanks, none taken!, it's a reasonable question, but yes of course, why would I attempt to watch or stream a channel not available for streaming, it's difficult enough to try and get a view of a service that's streamed without going off my head trying to get to one that isn't..  :-)

0 Kudos
androiduser
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If they were truly serious, they would allow streaming over 4g, but they seem hostile tot he idea and even the suggestion