Menu
spando79
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere - sound but no picture

Am using a laptop running Windows 10 and IE11.

I get sound but no picture on the TV anywhere site. This first happened on Thursday and hasn't worked since.

I removed the laptop and re-added it as a registered device, cleared my cache and tried again but still no joy.

Please help.

0 Kudos
spando79
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere - sound but no picture

Just wanted to add that I managed to watch Sky Sports channels no problem this afternoon.

Seems to only be affecting the Virgin Anywhere site.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi spando79,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are not receiving a picture when playing live channels on TV Anywhere. 

I would make sure your Flash Player is fully up to date. Also make sure the browser you are using is up to date too. 

Do you have Firefox installed? It may be worth trying to play a live channel via there. Does this make any difference?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
spando79
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, thanks for the reply.

Have updated Flash Player, re-tried IE11 and tried Firefox but still have the same issue.

After clicking play, the 'buffering' circle appears and then the sound starts and is fine but the buffering circle is still there.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi spando79,

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies that none of my suggestions worked for you. 

Have you got another PC / Laptop there? Maybe it's an issue with the drivers on the current device. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
spando79
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Have now tried following the steps outlined here as I thought this might have had something to do with it but no joy.

I don't have another laptop available but could try a different tablet (it's working ok on the iPad). However, I really want to be able to watch on the laptop.

You mentioned drivers possibly being the issue - which drivers would you recommend I look at updating? As mentioned previously, I am able to watch Sky Sports using this link and my Virgin log in no problem on the same browser.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi spando79,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The fact is it could be down to anything really! Any of the drivers, any of the specs on the laptop could be causing the fault. 

I'm really sorry I've not been able to help on this. Have you spoken to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 yet? I wonder if there is something they can try instead. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos