Menu
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere = rubbish

So had Virgin TV anywhere set up on my fone. Sometimes it works and sometimes It tells me that I have to be connected to my network even though it's meant to be virgin tv anywhere. Also I tried to add device and it changed my original device when it says I can have 2. I think I might totally give up with it not worth the hassle or the headache. And I'm a very techy person and still can't get it to work on my android box it shows my shows and that's it I cannot set anything to record and I cannot watch any shows and the box is in my bedroom on the same network with the TiVo box next door...!!!

Very fed up
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere = rubbish

I don't think TV Anywhere works on Android TV boxes, nor supposed to.

You can use the app on mobile phones & tablets, or access TV anywhere in browser on a computer/laptop (using IE, Firefox or Safari).

You're right though, even when it "works", it is rubbish. And that's being kind.

Fannys
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Surely though you should be able to use it "anywhere" 🤔

If I can use it through a browser then wonder if I can try using the browser on the box. I might try that later. Thank you for letting me know..!!

Sometimes I just want to watch something I've recorded in bed and be lazy...!!
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media's understanding of the word "anywhere" differs somewhat from pretty much everyone else's.

When they say "anywhere", they mean, anywhere in the UK that has a WiFi connection that has sufficient bandwidth, but doesn't specifically block video streaming, so long as you have a mobile device or computer with you.

I don't think you'll be able to use it in a browser on your ATV box - you need to be running flash in it & TV Anywhere is very choosy about what browsers it will work with.

Fannys
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its not even working on my phone now. Every time I try watch something it still tells me I need to be in my network.

I give up I'm deleting the app

Thanks again for the help
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't blame you; as I said, even when it "works" it doesn't work very well.

The message you are seeing is probably due to either not being on a WiFi connection, or trying to select a non-streaming channel. (Not all channels can be streamed)

0 Kudos
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Was tying to just stream channel 5 at my dads on wifi to see if it works...

But nooooo lol.

It's so frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fannys,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TV Anywhere app.

When you last tried to stream, what error message did you get on screen?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can I add a picture because I screen shot it but anyway every time no matter where I am and the device is registered I get this

"Content not available - content not available while away from the home network"

I can set up to record etc. But one would assume it being TV anywhere I can watch it anywhere. I managed to steam one thing of on demand when testing to see if it worked. But the moment I try watch something I recorded or something on live TV and even before when used on demand I get that message
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You can add a screenshot by using the little camera icon that has Photos written next to it.

Let me tell you what you can and can't do.

Away from your home network, on wifi, you can stream those channels with the wifi streaming symbol.

If you have V6, not TiVo, you can stream some recording while on your home network.

0 Kudos