Menu
debg39
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere questions

Hi There,

We have just bought a new Samsung smart TV for the bedroom which is connected to my virgin broadband and my question is can I download the TV anywhere app on to this TV and watch my recorded TV programme's on this machine? 

If not how would I go about being able to view my TVIO box in the bedroom?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere questions

Nope TV anywhere is for phones tablets and PC's only, also you cannot watch recorded programs via tv anywhere as the tivo's upload limit is 1 meg and is too slow, also the broadcasters won't allow it.

You could get one of these https://www.avforums.com/review/vision-tc2-hdmip-hdmi-over-powerline-review.12630

and put a splitter on the Tivo box 

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Short answer, no. The TV anywhere app is not available for any smart TVs and also, you can't watch recorded programs on TV Anywhere anyway.

To view on a bedroom TV, you would need either a long cable or a video sender of some sort, and then some way of controlling the TiVo. You could use the TV Anywhere app on a smartphone for this or an infra-red sender of some sort.

debg39
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, at least I know now what the app can do.

I opened the link and thought I was reading a foreign language!!  Techie stuff is not my forte but will show to the other half and let him sort it.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
debg39
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info, I will see about a video sender or maybe view it through the lap top plugged into the TV, I think that would work.

thanks again

0 Kudos