Menu
chubbymachubs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere problem on laptop

Hi,

I am trying to use the TV anywhere service on my Laptop which runs Windows 10. I can get onto the the Tv anywhere service page http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/elementary. However when I go to my series links or try any of the tabs I get an "unknown error page coming up". I cant even register my device to use the service withought the error message coming up.

I tried logging onto my virginmedia then going to that page with no success. My Firefox browser says that the connection is insecure and my data can be read by a 3rd party then directs my to the error page. Safari and edge browsers have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere problem on laptop

Hi chubbymachubs

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're unable to register your laptop.

As the laptop is running Windows 10, the browser that you need to use will be either Microsoft Edge or Firefox 3 or higher. 

If you sign into your TV Anywhere account, then go to Live TV. This will hopefully show All Streaming Channels, if so select a channel and press watch this should then hopefully prompt you for registration. When you try this do you get the same error message?

I can see that you have another device that is registered for TV Anywhere. Do you get the same issue with this device?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chubbymachubs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply! I get the same error message when I try that. I'm trying to find the other device. Ill get back to you when I find it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chubbymachubs, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know how things have gone for you. 

It's worth double checking your Flash Player to ensure this is fully up to date. 

I'm sorry the steps Sam gave didn't help on this occasion. Have you had a chance to test on your other device yet?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chubbymachubs
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get the same error message with the latest version of edge or Firefox, the other device works fine

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chubbymachubs,

Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies for the ongoing issue you've had trying to register your laptop for TV Anywhere.

Has this been sorted out for you yet? Please let me know. 

Currently, there's an ongoing issue with TV Anywhere that our technicians are working on, so if you are still having problems, we can investigate this once this issue has been cleared.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos