Menu
hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere maintenance?

Trying to view tv anywhere and get this message. "Virgin TV Anywhere is temporarily unavailable due to some essential maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again in a few hours." Any news as to whats happening and what they are fixing, hopefully the buffering and picture quality?

0 Kudos
adamcathersides
Up to speed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere maintenance?

No, just incompetence.

hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is back on now but no changes.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure that the maintenance message is a "catch-all" that appears whenever the service falls over in its entirety, which it always does when there's a big football match on.  Thankfully it's only BT Sport games on TVA now, but still...  

This makes VM look even more incompetent than they are, as they are suggesting with this message that they choose to do "essential maintenance" during peak times.  Surely they aren't that stupid?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts on this and apologies to hear you were all affected. 

As soon as we were made aware of this, I popped a post up about this: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/RESOLVED-TV-Anywhere-error-V-1001/m-p/2749886#M19845

All was resolved by the engineers and we are looking into what the root cause of this was. 

If you are still having a problem then create a new thread with the issues and i'll happily look into them Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As this has happened either every Monday or Tuesday for the past 5 weeks, at the exact time that big football games are on, I think it's quite clear what the cause is.  Especially as it the service always magically returns once the game is over.  Another classic match stolen away from me by Virgin Media.

If "all was resolved" that suggests the engineers fixed it.  How could anyone possibly fix it with any confidence without knowing the cause?

And why does the message that comes up during the outages say that you are performing essential maintenance?  That's (another) out & out lie.

If you are still having a problem then create a new thread with the issues and i'll happily look into them

I have posted several times on this exact same topic, and none of them have had any sort of response.  You say that you respond to all forum posts eventually, that too is a lie as previous reports have been ignored.   Again.

hintofmint
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed it tends to happen during programmes that are popular as mentioned above, during football matches.
0 Kudos
lewis3434
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This...Pisstake really. My friend is on his laptop watching the game tonight. yet i cannot as VM are running 'essential maintenance' - Just so happens that this happened not long ago at the same precise time...hmmmmm

Crockret wrote:

As this has happened either every Monday or Tuesday for the past 5 weeks, at the exact time that big football games are on, I think it's quite clear what the cause is.  Especially as it the service always magically returns once the game is over.  Another classic match stolen away from me by Virgin Media.

If "all was resolved" that suggests the engineers fixed it.  How could anyone possibly fix it with any confidence without knowing the cause?

And why does the message that comes up during the outages say that you are performing essential maintenance?  That's (another) out & out lie.

If you are still having a problem then create a new thread with the issues and i'll happily look into them

I have posted several times on this exact same topic, and none of them have had any sort of response.  You say that you respond to all forum posts eventually, that too is a lie as previous reports have been ignored.   Again.

0 Kudos
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but TVAnyWhere is repeatedly unusable usually on any major football evening.

I've missed quite a few Champions League and now for the last two days Premier League football games.

This is in my opinion an unacceptable situation, probably causing a <big adjective> large amount of frustration to your customers.

A very upset customer

Regards

Mark

Tags (1)
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A year has passed & all that changes are the monthly bills.

0 Kudos