Menu
peters2709
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere is telling me that "device registration required"

Used tv anywhere ok last week, now it is saying my device registration is required, however when I click on register it takes me to a page that says "OOPS".
Went onto tv anywhere website to check my devices but nothing shows and no way to register. Any ideas anyone?
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere is telling me that "device registration required"

Yes, me too . Last week of my bt sport contract so a final go of live football on the TVA POS last night.

First half - Two of  we have a problem streaming this channel , booted out to login screen ,then the not registered and the oops sequence. 

The fix, after many goes around that roundabout is  go to settings, manage all apps, force stop TVA. Then it works ok for a while, until the next fail....

I doubt they will ever fix it , I doubt I will ever pay for bt sport again , and those two are connected . Way to go virgin, fail to fix the product, lose the linked revenue...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi peters2709,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. I have added a device change to enable you to do this Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
peters2709
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Kath_F,

However, the problem had continued for a couple of days and then miraculously righted itself, I did not have to re-register my device.

Thanks anyway.

peters2709

0 Kudos