Menu
wingcom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere ignoring registered Mac book

Why is TV anywhere so bad? For the second time in the last 6 weeks I was watching tv on my mac book, as one of my 2 long time registered devices, but then having stopped to eat diner and then went back, woke the MacBook up again and did NOTHING else, I get the "you have reached your limit of registered devices...." message. Yes, I have, this is ONE OF THOSE DEVICES!!!!

Last time I deleted it, reregistered it and it was okay for 6 weeks, but I lost the opportunity to change a device and now that I'm on the road a lot for work, I cannot afford to be without a device and that may mean changing device at short notice. As a severely disabled, wheelchair user, I am reliant on my TV anywhere for the lonely nights in a strange hotel, where accessibility means that you can't get to the restaurant and bar, so I feel this failure and the limit it further places on me is discriminatory. And try and find a phone "option" that fits this, when you're eating your minutes on a mobile!

Its poor virginmedia, very poor and Sky Q is looking mightily tempting with that much better alternative to Vigin Nowhere - Sky Go

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere ignoring registered Mac book

Hi Wingcom,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message Smiley Happy

I am sorry that there's been a bit of an issue here, I have been into the account and can see that you already have a change left to use Smiley Happy

If you would like to register the device, i would be more than welcome to allocate you an additional change Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wingcom
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delay in responding to your offer of help, its been a busy few days! 

Before I saw your reply I contacted your colleagues on the phone and asked for their help. They said that they'd removed my Mac book so that I could re-register it, but that was 10 minutes ago, when your colleague had got fed up with waiting for 2 minutes and closed the call down leaving me hanging on a change that I couldn't see reflected on my view of the App.

If I do delete it myself and use my one 'life' up, would you mind reinstating the life as you kindly offered?

That gets around the problem today, but what about next time I'm sat in a hotel room, working away from home and it goes again? I don't think this is a coincidence, as someone with some professional IT experience, I have a theory that there i some kind of incompatibility with Safari and the anywhere service, so that when the app changes/upgrades/silverlight change etc, the service cons itself into thinking its a new device when it isn't. How does that sound?

Is there a longer term fix to this, or is it a case of having to chase for an extra 'life' each time?

thanks again for your response and offer of help

kind regards

Fraser

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fraser Smiley Happy

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

If you check your account you should see you have your allocations to do so.

Please let me know if I can be of help on this and as far as I can see, I've not seen a great deal of errors relating to Safari.

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
wingcom
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

its happened again, only this time I've deleted and reinstated my Mac book yet again and I'm still not having my Mac book recognised? Can you pls shed any light on thus for me? What is going on? I have no other problems in using my Mac, nor in using anywhere on another device including an iPad, so thus is really frustrating. I've also used Firfox on the Mac and it makes no difference.

Thanks Fraser
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fraser Smiley Happy

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry that this is still happening to you. After doing those checks with me in the past and reinstalling the app to try and alleviate the issue at hand, I would like to ask for you to call into our team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non-Virgin Media phones.

If we're unable to remedy the issue there and then, we'll have a ticket created to investigate.

Many thanks.
Ben

0 Kudos