Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere fails to register new phone

Transferred all my apps from my rubbish phone onto a good second hand Galaxy Note 4, but opening TV Anywhere and seeking to 'Watch Now' and then 'Watch on phone'  tells me the device isn't registered following up to 'Register now' takes me to a page that tells me Access Denied......what now ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere fails to register new phone

Hey Bruv,

Welcome back into the Community Smiley Happy

I would like to help and that's a good phone you're using. I would like ask if you are seeing this on any other device? If this isn't possible, I would try starting from scratch:-

• Uninstall the app
  • Delete cache/cookies
  • Re-register
  • Sign in

NOTE: Make sure that the network cable is connected between your HUB and TiVo Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenD, I did what you suggested, except I did it in a re-arranged order, deleted cookies and cache before un-installing the app.

Went through re-installing, but there is no option to re-register, and clicking on the Forgotten password/user name link I get the extremely irritating ..........

"Oh crikey. We can't find that page. Maybe the link you clicked is broken or you typed in the wrong address.Perhaps the page doesn't exist any more. Or maybe it's just a glitch in the matrix"

Is somebody trying to make fun of their customers frustration ?

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And......stop 'Awarding' me for my complaining posts.

I don't specially come here for the community spirit.......more because of the wheels falling off service delivery at times.

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruv Smiley Happy

Sorry about the message from the Community, they are just something to encourage you to come in and it's no way intentional to annoy you. As for the 'oops' message, is this being run from Chrome, as it's not compatible with that browser?

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenD, don't mind me I just talk out loud sometimes.

I have changed the browser...... once to the built in browser, whatever that is, and then to UC Browser........both with the same result. I restarted the phone each time. Only the page layout changes with each browser, the content is exactly the same.

As an aside.....I have just visited my old on-line VM email account.......the one that was getting loads of spam so I took it off my laptop and that I now log into with a gmail address as a user name, it's a NTL email address.....so I'm an old customer. Anyway since 4th of last month I have had over one and a half thousand spam emails. I visit in case I missed changing an important account's email. There was an email I needed to forward to my current address, it kept on saving  to draft.......4 times......until I logged out and revisited again and on the third visit it did what I wanted,  I was clicking ALL the right icons.

I am telling you this to relate your customers frustrations with a system that needs a hell of a lot of tinkering to get it up to standard.....and I know next to nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bruv,

Cheers for the reply, no problem on the thinking out loud, I'm the same!

I think this is something that would need some eyes on as there's something that I'm possibly missing and a call into the team on 150/ 0345 454 1111 would be beneficial to you at this point. We've done the ground work here so we should be able to get right to the root cause. 

As for the emails, I can understand your frustration and they should be able to help you there too. 

Keep in touch.

Ben 

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I shall give them a ring next week.

How many options are there, and which one do I opt for ? Because I despise these excuses 'We are having high levels of calls at he moment blah de blah de blah' and the insulting 'Your custom is important to us....etc....etc.'

If we are THAT important employ another couple of support staff.......and test their pronunciation before employing them....please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruv,

Thank you for your reply, please stay in touch on how the call goes. 

You should be able to get through to a capable agent when selecting the TV part of the call. Once through they should be able to take you though, step by step.

Stay in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK ready for the update ?

Dialed 150 and......eventually got through to a nice man who wanted to take control of my laptop, but because I am a rebel and run Ubuntu not Windows (is that so rare in this day and age ?) that was out of the question.All I wanted was the TV anywhere app to work, I had spent the weekend and several attempts today and yesterday trying to log into TV Anywhere on both phone and website. The browser on Ubuntu "is not optimised" and so some of the functions failed to work, I couldn't change or add a new device. So in a Eureka moment I tried to access the site on the super dooper Galaxy Note 4.......but when attempting to input the sign in details, email and password the damned Captcha device kept kicking in, in a loop. Fill the email, captcha prompt, fill the password, click, and then again and again and again and again.

So thats when I phoned the nice man, to cut it short he phoned me back after it stumped him to arrange another callback from his bossman. Basically the boss reset my password I think.......then he went on hold scratching his head because we were talking on my mobile and silly me accessing the site and chatting to him was beyond my technical knowhow until I dragged the phonecall window down a little to complete the successful login.....by then I think he was home having his tea......so after about 20 minutes on hold I cut the call.

So BenD_H......thank him whoever he was when you next see him.....probably the Christmas party ?

Didn't get to ask about the mobile account that is still listed despite my never using it for over a year......or ever using it to be fair. Or why my first name is spelled wrong in one of my account details.....but never mind I'm happy...........for a while.

0 Kudos